Addin a blank screen on

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I updated my LG G6 to Oreo. I have gotten used to the quirks and learned to live with the inadequacies. However, I have yet to dicover how to add a blank screen. I have resolved the issue by downloading an app "Bank Widget". In spite of the success of this little app, I would still like to know if it is possible to add a blank screen. Can one of you knowledgeable, smart techies help a grandma out?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe that's possible for launchers that automatically eliminate a homescreen panel if it's empty. Your Blank Widget solution is probably the best one.

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe that's possible for launchers that automatically eliminate a homescreen panel if it's empty. Your Blank Widget solution is probably the best one.
Thanks. I disabled notifications on this widget, just in case. There are no permissions needed.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're on the desktop forum site, do you have the little pencil icon at the upper right of the post? If so, you should be able to use that to edit your post.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how the forum site appears on a tablet -- it might be the mobile version or the desktop version. If it's the mobile version, I'm not quite sure where the edit button is (or if it's even present). Were you able to find it?

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how the forum site appears on a tablet -- it might be the mobile version or the desktop version. If it's the mobile version, I'm not quite sure where the edit button is (or if it's even present). Were you able to find it?

There are the standard three dots at the top right. "Edit" is not one of the options. I can, however, tap "Web View". I could probably edit from there. In any case, as long as I get my point across, I can live with errors as long as all you smart, young people can.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
On my Nexus 6P to add home screens, long press on a blank spot on the current home screen. That one any others that you have will be minimized- scroll through them to the end & a blank home screen will appear with a + sign. Click on that page to add a blank home screen. That procedure also works on my 2 tablets that each has different versions of android.

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 6P to add home screens, long press on a blank spot on the current home screen. That one any others that you have will be minimized- scroll through them to the end & a blank home screen will appear with a + sign. Click on that page to add a blank home screen. That procedure also works on my 2 tablets that each has different versions of android.
It was like that on my LG G6 with Nougat. Sadly, with Oreo, that feature is gone. Thanks for trying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly