[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: [AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new featur

I rooted my Optimus V the other night (new 2 weeks ago, running 2.2.2) using Gingerbreak and, though it took a few tries, it did work and now TiBu, Superuser and anything on my phone has root access, but I haven't been able to get a recovery on it.

I've tried ROMtools and SuperOneClick on my comp; with SuperOne, my first shell root attempt runs well until it says 'running psneuter' and then returns FAILED. Any attempts after that only get to the line 'chmod psneuter' then says error: closed. With ROMtools, when I have it check for root, the first time it just pops up a $, any subsequent attempts return the same 'error: closed' message as SuperOne until I reboot the phone.

What does the 'error:closed' message mean and why does my computer have a hard time gaining root when the phone works the way it should? Could it be the drivers? Installing them has been the only part that has so far been 100% smooth so far. Is there something else I need to do? Phone is in debug mode.

Any help is appreciated...Thanks!!!

I had the same problem.. juss flash a recovery with terminal emulator here's how :

1.) use es file explorer and place the "flash_image" file (below) and paste it to /system/bin and set permission to "rwxr xr w"

2.) place recovery in root folder of sdcard and name it "vrecovery.img"

3.) open terminal emulator and type in the following commands

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img

reboot recovery

4.) Then you'll automatically boot into recovery

I was in the same situation as you before, and it took my whole Saturday to figure this thing out, when no else didnt guide me through.

I'll attached the newest CWM recovery as well as the flash_image ... Hope this helps :)

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

I had the same problem.. juss flash a recovery with terminal emulator here's how :

1.) use es file explorer and place the "flash_image" file (below) and paste it to /system/bin and set permission to "rwxr xr w"

2.) place recovery in root folder of sdcard and name it "vrecovery.img"

3.) open terminal emulator and type in the following commands

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img

reboot recovery

4.) Then you'll automatically boot into recovery

I was in the same situation as you before, and it took my whole Saturday to figure this thing out, when no else didnt guide me through.

I'll attached the newest CWM recovery as well as the flash_image ... Hope this helps :)

Here:

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

I rooted my Optimus V the other night (new 2 weeks ago, running 2.2.2) using Gingerbreak and, though it took a few tries, it did work and now TiBu, Superuser and anything on my phone has root access, but I haven't been able to get a recovery on it.

I've tried ROMtools and SuperOneClick on my comp; with SuperOne, my first shell root attempt runs well until it says 'running psneuter' and then returns FAILED. Any attempts after that only get to the line 'chmod psneuter' then says error: closed. With ROMtools, when I have it check for root, the first time it just pops up a $, any subsequent attempts return the same 'error: closed' message as SuperOne until I reboot the phone.

What does the 'error:closed' message mean and why does my computer have a hard time gaining root when the phone works the way it should? Could it be the drivers? Installing them has been the only part that has so far been 100% smooth so far. Is there something else I need to do? Phone is in debug mode.

Any help is appreciated...Thanks!!!

After using GingerBreak and you see a superuser app in the launcher , your rooted. Also the file attached above is compatible with the new OV screen like mine. Just Flash JerryScript's ROM its the best ;)

P.S. ROMtools doesnt work in rooting the OV (in my experience)

lilnorthup93

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Lifesaver!

Worked perfectly, took 10mins (setting permissions was a bit tricky).

Thank you so much for finding a solution, explaining clearly and posting it quickly!

Sir Kaos

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

so i'm doing everything im supposed to as far as i know, but when i try to use super one click i get this every time,
SuperOneClick v1.6.3.0
Killing ADB Server...
* server not running *

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing psneuter...
1707 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.335s)

OK

chmod psneuter...
error: closed

FAILED

could anyone be kind enough to tell me why??

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

froyo 2.2.2 OV's need gingerbreak to root, superoneclick doesn't work.
get gingerbreak from xda.

josephmarquez2

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I just downloaded v.2.1.1 and I ran the universal root. Everything seems to go fine until the program gets to rooting device...step#6 and then it gets stuck! What should I do?
:confused:

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I just downloaded v.2.1.1 and I ran the universal root. Everything seems to go fine until the program gets to rooting device...step#6 and then it gets stuck! What should I do?
:confused:
is your OV a froyo 2.2.2 device?
post above yours...
froyo 2.2.2 OV's need gingerbreak to root, superoneclick doesn't work.
get gingerbreak from xda.

android619

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

i did this but it keeps sending me to the reboot recovery screen and when i follow the steps and finally reboot the phone, the cyanogen software still tehre need help :(

paulkruger

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Links to tools not responding. Fed's seized multiuploads site.

Please post current location for these files. Thanks.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Links to tools not responding. Fed's seized multiuploads site.

Please post current location for these files. Thanks.

Please do yourself a favor and learn how to do this the manual way. This automated tool will only lead you to being lazy and not understanding how to fix things when you break it. Now up top of this here forum is some posts stickied, read them understand them then root and flash a rom to your phone.

pablocgon

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

I guys, sorry to have to ask for this, but the links that I have found everywhere is the same, and is not working anymore, does anyone have a new link that I can use to download it?
:-\

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Please do yourself a favor and learn how to do this the manual way. This automated tool will only lead you to being lazy and not understanding how to fix things when you break it. Now up top of this here forum is some posts stickied, read them understand them then root and flash a rom to your phone.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

This tool is extremely out of date and will likely cause you major problems if you use it on newer Optimus V phones.

Do not use it, and please, no one post a link as it will just create major support issues.

pctechjjordan

May 2, 2012
Visit site

All the links i've found for the "[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features" both in ur posting and any other sources of links are no longer Valid so i can get a download of it! Can u plz send me a copy or post some working links please?

Thank you,

PCTechJJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards