Always on Google now

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know if it is possible to get this working on the Moto x? Moto voice can do it but I recall that lollipop allows for this type of always on recognition.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
You can choose to use one or the other, but not both. Moto voice uses Google Now for everything non-moto-app related, so you get everything GN offers plus the Moto extras. But you can always turn off Moto voice and turn on GN if that's what you want.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X uses Motorola's own proprietary chip for screen-off voice recognition. Since it was released before Google implemented the feature it is not compatible with Google's implementation. You'll need to stick with Motorola's.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apparently google now can work like that on the nexus 6 and nexus 9. It is baked into lollipop and I read somewhere in here that somebody had it working.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
It's baked into lollipop assuming you have the correct hardware to support it. The Moto X does not have the same hardware implementation.

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
If it's everything GN offers plus the moto stuff why would anyone want to turn it off? Am i missing something?

Moto voice application takes your input then kicks it over to google now, so there is an extra step for searches and such, so it takes longer.

material yolo?

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Moto voice application takes your input then kicks it over to google now, so there is an extra step for searches and such, so it takes longer.

Exactly. The extra layer of abstraction sometimes makes it painful to do things like navigate or send a text message.

Cyber Anna

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Proprietary or not, it can/does do "Always Listening" with Screen off if running Moto Software. So, if they wanted, they could leave it on/make a flag available if running "pure" Google Now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly