Android 14 Stable/One UI 6.0 Now Out

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
How often does advancing the date work? The 21st does seem to be an important date in terms of the update, as I've read that's the tentative date for Canada to get it.
I think because you can only check it once a day, when you set it to a future date it searches again.
I tried that once. Evidently my schedule date then was further in the future. Nothing happened other than I got a TON of alarms from my med reminder about all my meds I'd missed.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If you guys go any further you will definitely mess up your phone , since is way to ahead, it can turn off on you apps can do some weird stuff i suggest, stop doing that.

Important if you already set it up that far you won't get no updates till that date passes even if adjust back to today so you will have to wait after the 21 or what ever date you set it up to.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
The way to go is either have package disabler to clear data on the apk in apps for software update, or Shield Rebirth. That way it will never mess your phone up with changing date or time, by clearing data on the apk software app that will let you get software updates.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If you guys go any further you will definitely mess up your phone , since is way to ahead, it can turn off on you apps can do some weird stuff i suggest, stop doing that.

Important if you already set it up that far you won't get no updates till that date passes even if adjust back to today so you will have to wait after the 21 or what ever date you set it up to.
LOL, impatient me. Can't go back at this point so just gonna have to wait four days to get updates and hope that's it.

Otherwise it's running really well. I rebooted the phone a few times and checked and got a couple of updates like clock from Google Store and Samsung Store before I changed the date back to auto.

I'll post if I run into any issues.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Im still having the same issues with the modem/radio as I was in the beta. It randomly won't call or text despite full bars until I reboot.

Hopefully it's just TMB related. I guess everyone keep an eye out that even with bars you actually have signal/network connection.

Reactions: notforhire

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll post if I run into any issues.
Update been running just fine. I updated by changing date to 21st last week.

I actually had a couple of updates available in Google Store like this one this morning so I guess don't have to wait until after 21st to get updates.

If it didn't work out, I was prepared to erase and restore. I usually like to do that after a major OS update but it's running so well and so smooth I'll forego it unless I run into something.
Screenshot_20231120_113239_Google Play Store.jpg

Reactions: kevinpleasants

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej