Android 2.3 Gingerbread EI22 latest build WITH IMAGE

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That's fine, it really wasn't ever discussed much so its understandable to forget. Bottom line I think we should be very happy with GB. All these builds shows a real effort compared to Froyo to bring us a quality GB.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just think of it this way - as long as we get the update to Gingerbread within 6 months, we'll be on the most recent OS for the first time! Finally, winning!

Atomic Playboy

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
As it stands none of the interim builds since EE03 have leaked, just the RDF. And very little has changed, between EE19 and EF02 the only diff was the build number. I'm not gonna hold my breath, but June 20 is looking good.

Keesag

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Paul,

Just thinking ahead -- I am running your ACE 2.0 (which is utterly fantastic), but is the proper sequence to get stock GB when it rolls to ODIN back to an EC05 version and wait for an OTA push? I'm torn in doing so, rather than wait till the dust settles a bit, and/or a custom GB rom similar to ACE, which I assume would lag a bit behind the rollout.

Any advice is appreciated....

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Your correct on your method of getting GB. I'm sure within hours/days of official GB there will be custom ROMs and you will be able to make the jump from ACE over to it with very little difficulty too. So choice is yours how you want to proceed once its released.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Your correct on your method of getting GB. I'm sure within hours/days of official GB there will be custom ROMs and you will be able to make the jump from ACE over to it with very little difficulty too. So choice is yours how you want to proceed once its released.
But once Official GB is released you will be working on ACE 3.0 Gingerbread for us , right ? ;)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
But once Official GB is released you will be working on ACE 3.0 Gingerbread for us , right ? ;)
haha.. We will see. Its been considered, I've been working with the frameworks and other things so I'm getting to know my way around on the leaked EE03. Actually I've also considered taking on the task of creating a full theme, but that is still in the early planning stages...

Reactions: TexasEpic4G

anon(67968)

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
haha.. We will see. Its been considered, I've been working with the frameworks and other things so I'm getting to know my way around on the leaked EE03. Actually I've also considered taking on the task of creating a full theme, but that is still in the early planning stages...

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited to see what kind of theme you could conjure.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you need someone to help test = count me in :p

ggbballer96

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
just a quick question about the OTA for when it comes
if im rooted, no roms or anything just for apps, will i need to unroot before updating or will it just unroot automatically?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You will get your OTA update even if you are rooted. But if you removed any of the preinstalled software you won't. You will need to find and reinstall all of the preinstalled software or you will not get the update OTA.

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site

Here's a good question.

Why would I want to roll with the OTA update? Is there any major benefit over me using a custom ROM (such as Syndicate or ACE, which I've played with a little - excellent work, Paul!)?

I really don't like TouchWiz, so that would be a major backward move for me - plus all the other stuff that comes fancy in the ROM world...

For GB, I'm thinking stuff like battery life could be improved, and apparently I could watch Netflix on my phone - but what else is there that I'm missing that is new and improved over Froyo?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Why would I want to roll with the OTA update?(funktron)

I would say if for nothing other than having a stock version on the phone nothing. U can rollback, get the OTA and then root ,back it up . then drop whatever rom you want knowing that you can restore to stock anytime. Or run what you have already since your happy with it and wait for a good rom of 2.3 to roll out and run that... OTA FIle are for those who run stock ,Devs or for whoever wants it.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Here's a good question.

Why would I want to roll with the OTA update? Is there any major benefit over me using a custom ROM (such as Syndicate or ACE, which I've played with a little - excellent work, Paul!)?

I would say updating your phone is like updating your PC. If your phone is functioning well at a level you enjoy, then there really is no need to update. Even if you're using stock Eclair or Froyo (or a custom ROM for that matter). So, do you really need to?

I am seriously debating the utility of updating since my phone runs reasonably well right now, and I don't know why I would watch Netflix on my phone (I have an ipad and would use Netflix on that). My phone pretty much does what I need it to now. However, if GB battery life is substantially better, I definitely will upgrade.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am seriously debating the utility of updating since my phone runs reasonably well right now, and I don't know why I would watch Netflix on my phone (I have an ipad and would use Netflix on that).

Ouch! He mentioned that fruit based device in here!!!!

Anyways, Gingerbread should work much better for us. Gingerbread is supposed to be much more optimized for our devices when compared to Froyo. Not to mention there has bug fixes like the rotation lag, that's gone no more need to do one of the two known methods to fix that every time you flash a ROM or factory reset your stock OS. Plus there has been other changes so sit back and when it goes official and the change log/feature list is up we can then pick it apart better.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ouch! He mentioned that fruit based device in here!!!!

Anyways, Gingerbread should work much better for us. Gingerbread is supposed to be much more optimized for our devices when compared to Froyo. Not to mention there has bug fixes like the rotation lag, that's gone no more need to do one of the two known methods to fix that every time you flash a ROM or factory reset your stock OS. Plus there has been other changes so sit back and when it goes official and the change log/feature list is up we can then pick it apart better.

Hey, it's compatible with software I use at work. Otherwise, I'd have a Xoom or Samsung tab.

In terms of the rotation lag fix, are you referring to this:

Screen rotation lag fix - xda-developers

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey, it's compatible with software I use at work. Otherwise, I'd have a Xoom or Samsung tab.

In terms of the rotation lag fix, are you referring to this:

Screen rotation lag fix - xda-developers

Yep same thing is this... (Pulled it straight from my ACE ROM thread...)

[INFO]Download Terminal Emulator from the Market

Type the following

su (press enter and allow root access) then type the following below.

/system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha (press enter)

Then it will ask for you to calibrate. I usually lay mine flat on its back with keyboard open and then press enter. Back out of program and power off the screen then wake the phone up. Lag rotation fixed.

[/INFO]

Gingerbread has this patched and is not needed anymore, thank you thank you.. I hated doing that every time I flashed a new ROM,.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and if I may mention one other thing...I just noticed one of Android Central's top banners was advertising an iPad. Hmmm. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid