Android 4.0.4 for the Skyrocket available via Kies?

clippy83

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
i had to flash 2.3.5 gingerbread back on mine before kies would work mine was saying the same thing when i was on 2.3.6. you can try and unistall and reinstall kies first.

clippy83

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Argh...It won't let me update! "SGH-I717 does not support initializing" is the error I keep getting.This thing is stock as hell.

WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME AT&T!!!

it said the same thing with mine when it was on 2.3.6 gingerbread i flashed 2.3.5 back on the phone and it let me update. you can try to uninstall and reinstall kies first see if that works.

Markersk

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
When I pull battery out, put back in and power up, screen says: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again. When I select emergency recovery mode and enter in the code they give, it just sits there and hangs.

Is there a recover mode on the phone itself?

Moodubs

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
seems like it might be worth waiting a few days or more to see if they work any bugs out...lots of people saying the update is giving them issues.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
seems like it might be worth waiting a few days or more to see if they work any bugs out...lots of people saying the update is giving them issues.

Biggest issue for me is the fact that my phone now has the UI latency of a launch Samsung vibrant with eclair. Really not sure thats something I'm willing to deal with.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
No issues here! My problem was learning how to use kies since I had never used it before. Once I got it all synced it took about 10 minutes to download and a few minutes to install and reboot. It's running very smooth and fast! I am pleased with the update. Now I have to learn & find all the differences. Visually it isn't a dramatic change but settings and features are more the difference from what I can see so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
How is battery life for you guys so far I'm doing pretty well right now on 67%

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Battery Life is terrible. If I just turn the screen on I can see it go down a % every couple or few minutes... cleared cache and that fixed much of the UI latency. Cleared Facebook data and that fixed that. But the battery life is like 1/3rd of what it was just this morning before I updated the phone.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
They also informed me that Jellybean for the Sky is going to come out in a couple of months for this very reason.

Interesting...hopefully it won't be as buggy on install as it seems to be with this one. I'm assuming they have fixed your ICS issues?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any battery differences. One thing I did notice, and this could be because I had a little trouble and had to reflash 2.3.6 before the upgrade worked, but my dropbox app RE-uploaded ALL my photos. So now, I have 700+ duplicate photos in my dropbox folder I have to sort through and delete.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
NFC works perfectly fine. tried to share varios webpages between two skyrockets. pretty cool i must say

What about Google Wallet? I'll need to find someone that has an SR, or maybe even a G Nex, to play around with the Beam features and such.

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I ran it through Kies last night or early this morning I mean, took me all of about 15 minutes. It seems to bee working great and better battery life plus I now have a option for my bluetooth so that I can use speech to call. However I did notice that I never recieved any instructions on creating the 3 virtual buttons to use instead of the device hardware buttons. I was kind of hoping to get the 3 virtual buttons.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I had to back into gingerbread 2.3.5 then do the 2.3.6 update then go to ICS. Took me 6 hours ugh!

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on stock rooted 2.3.6 with CWM installed. Anyone updated from the same yet? Just wondering if I need to ODIN back to pure stock prior to the update?

TIA

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I ran AnTuTu benchmark and got this...
4ce945d1-c415-e949.jpg

It easily outperformed the international S2, but lagged slightly behind the Nexus, Note and of course the S3.

Last edited:

Hevroth

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if someone's mentioned this already, but Kies doesn't like you to be using a third-party usb cable when doing the update. I got "cannot connect to phone" type errors. When I used the Samsung usb cable my phone came with, it worked fine.

Is everyone enjoying ICS?? We finally have the official build!! :D

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
a6937b21-c976-9b4f.jpg
I most certainly am but am having major lag with the new android keyboard. Its making me resort to having to use the Samsung keypad. I have also noticed that battery life has gone down significantly but then again i have been using it HEAVILY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174