Android 7 : Unable to download and update apps from Play store

epoke7

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
Hello

I'm (still) using a Galaxy A5 with Android 7, and I can't install anything on the google store, or even update the existing apps!
I have no error message, but NOTHING happens when I click on "Install" or "Update"...
I have tried deleting the data from the Play store app and restarting, but it doesn't change anything.
There is still 3 GB free.

Hence my question: has Google stopped supporting and installing several devices with Android 7?
Is it related to Samsung? Is it a "bug" in the store?
Thanks to you.
(Same issu with Galaxy tab S2 ! )

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Is the tab s2 also on Android 7?

Google have just stopped supporting Gibegerbread which is Android 2. So I think it will be a while before Android 7 is no longer supported by them.

It could be the app developers, but for none to download is weird. You deleted data. Did you try force stopping the play store app as well? Force stopping is often a step forgotten but necessary.

What is your play store security date? That should be checked for updates under settings. Search for Google Play system update.
fb9a9fc05865ed7ef6eeb29b63649e73.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, tap Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
1. Clear Cache & Clear Data for both of these 3 apps: Play Store, Play Services as well as Google Services Framework. Then reboot your device.
2. Update your Play Store.

Then try again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
1. Clear Cache & Clear Data for both of these 3 apps: Play Store, Play Services as well as Google Services Framework. Then reboot your device.
2. Update your Play Store.

Then try again.

A Google engineer warned against clearing the data for Google Services Framework back in 2013: https://www.talkandroid.com/185088-...houldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/. Not sure if that's still the case now -- have you done it in more recent years, and if so, can you confirm that it didn't cause any untoward side effects?

epoke7

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi thanks for your awsers :

1. Force stop, Clear Cache & Clear Data for both of these 2 apps: Play Store, Play Services ==> Ok (Version play store : 26.5.19-21 [0] [PR] 388558437)
2. Manage storage / "Delete all data"for App : "Service Google play" (in french) (Version 21.26.21 (040406-387928701))
Then reboot your device. ==> ok

Sorry but no change, button "download" and "update" still NO response... (Same behaviour, "no response" in the play store for games/apps/movies/books)

tagboy

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem with an Android 7 tablet and the solution was:
In Settings > Apps
Upper right 3 dot menu - "Reset App Preferences"

epoke7

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi i am very sory, it was something else, it was the app Blue light filter who bloked some button of play store ! :confused:(only here...).
Just desactivate the (blue light filter) application and the buttons work normally again!
thanks again for your help :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aha! Good detective work.:) That's the old screen overlay (now called "Draw over other apps") bug that can affect onscreen buttons. Blue light filters and screen dimming apps are common culprits.