Android Lollipop

fwhivan

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I flashed the US version last night and everything is working superbly, it is also a lot faster and more responsive than Kikat was.

bpsanborn

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Overnight, the slowness problem has gone away by itself??? Perhaps there was stuff going on in the background just after the upgrade. I have a couple-a-thousand pictures on this tablet. Maybe it was redoing the icons.

I found the widgets and have reset and improved the ones on the home page. So now all is well again. I do like the look and feel of the Lollipop interface.

Brian

fwhivan

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Me too. Which is one reason why it responds a lot quicker and works faster. I am very happy with it even 4 days after flashing.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Got the update 2 days ago. Since the update, the Android Central App will not work. I get an error msg that says "Unfortunately Android Central has stopped". I Uninstaller and re-installed the app with the same error msg.
Anyone else noticing this?

fwhivan

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Same here, not sure what is wrong. Been trying to get someone here to look into it, but haven't gotten any response other than asking if i reinstalled. Other than that every other app i use works fine.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help on the brightness....

I just got Lollipop last night and my comcast email is screwed up....

I can receive but not send......

I am currently trying to go through the settings to see if I can find an error.....

NOPE I keep getting server unavailable....... all the settings are correct on the outgoing....

Anyone else have this problem ?????

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep, turns out lollipop had an issue on some tablets with Samsung comcast email acount sending server., even though all the settings are correct. .

Xfinity connect works fine with Comcast email settings.

fwhivan

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you had any problem with the Android Central App working in Lollipop? I get an immediate crash as soon as i try to open the app. This would be their main app and not the forums app.

fwhivan

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Well it's good to know i am not the only one. Wish they would look into it a little faster and find out what is causing the crashing. I miss the AC app.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the tablet earlier, it was bought direct from Samsung UK as first release end of January 2014 for (I must have felt rich) £649. Its seen minimal updates and is still running 4.4.2. I know I could sideload etc but shouldn't have to. I don't think I will be buying any Samsung tablets/phones in the future, I like to think my puchases are supported and a bit future proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol