Android Pie

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I have Android 9 Pie final version installed on my Pixel XL. I have two questions:

1. Is "Night Mode" in Developer Options and "Night Light" in Settings/Display the same thing?

2. Is it possible to move the Google Search bar on Pixel home page? Mine is at the very bottom of the page and I would like it one row up. In other words, I would like my most frequently used app icons at the very bottom with the search bar above them. BTW, all the images I've seen of the Pixel home page has it this way.

TIA

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have Android 9 Pie final version installed on my Pixel XL. I have two questions:

1. Is "Night Mode" in Developer Options and "Night Light" in Settings/Display the same thing?

2. Is it possible to move the Google Search bar on Pixel home page? Mine is at the very bottom of the page and I would like it one row up. In other words, I would like my most frequently used app icons at the very bottom with the search bar above them. BTW, all the images I've seen of the Pixel home page has it this way.

TIA

1. No, those are different.

2. You'll need a different launcher to change the location of the search bar.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Pie installed, all good except Text sending sound, I seem to have lost it. Using stock Text app and can't find sound sending setting.

Same here. I have "hear outgoing message sounds" on but don't hear that blip sound like I used to when sending.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got the alert that mine is ready for download. I can't do it right now because I'm not anywhere near Wi-Fi but I can't wait to do it later. I'm on Project fi pixel 2 XL

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

TIA

Your most frequently used apps are displayed with short swipe up from the home screen pill (if gestures are turned on). They aren't displayed all of the time on your home screen. Unfortunately with the Pixel Launcher there is no way to move the Google search bar from its fixed location.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So the last DP my phone started lagging a little. Not much, but there were some glitches for sure. The official build seems WAY more stable. I'm liking it. And as always, awesome battery. It's 16:44 and I have 62 percent left. Not bad with having my phone unplugged a few hours before I got it, and installed it. About three hours of screen time, but I guess its possible that adaptive battery would work even better on the official release.

Anyone else having good results?

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So the last DP my phone started lagging a little. Not much, but there were some glitches for sure. The official build seems WAY more stable. I'm liking it. And as always, awesome battery. It's 16:44 and I have 62 percent left. Not bad with having my phone unplugged a few hours before I got it, and installed it. About three hours of screen time, but I guess its possible that adaptive battery would work even better on the official release.

I'm not one to measure because I usually get great battery life. When I don't it's usually because I spend too much time here with my AC family.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So far, I like what I'm seeing from Pie, all in with the gestures, feels smoother, snappier at least to me. Can't wait for October and the P3XL

emilcDC

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

I'm coming straight from stable O. This thing has revitalized my phone. Battery life is fantastic, even scrolling has improved.

On point (1) Night mode basically makes everything black as opposed to white. (You can also select that on Display > Device theme now and select "Dark"). Night light turns the screen redder so it's easier on the eyes at night and it doesn't keep you up if you're reading at night.

On point (2) you can move the Google search bar position if you're using Nova Launcher.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
2 nitpicks.

Easy access to System UI Tuner seems to have been removed. I don't like having the alarm clock always resident, I always turned that off but it's back on and I can't find the option to turn it off.

The phone (Pixel 2 XL) seems to think I have a notch. If I have more than 4 notifications I get a dot to indicate I have more, despite having PLENTY of space to show them (since I have no notch). I want to see as many as possible in the notification bar.

bwillyM5

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here with the'virtual' notch on 2XL not using all available space for notifications. Does anyone know of a setting to fix this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigthangz80