annoying email notifications

deankaltsas

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
anyone know if there is a program to stop the email notifications while you are listening to music? i hate it when it interrupts the song!

if not there should be!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it's any notification. Happens to me for calendar events all the time. And, yes, it is annoying. Sorry I do not have an answer for you, but, this is a good question and I hope someone does.

mikec917

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The best way to stop all notifications while listening to music (that I have found) is to just set your phone to vibrate before. You'll still get the notifications in the bar on top, and it will vibrate depending on how you have it set, but there will be no audible notifications during playback.

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This worked on my X2, just tested it. Put it on vibrate from my lock screen, and, it played right through a calendar event I had setup. It didn't even vibrate actually.

But, now that I think about it, I don't want to miss calls or anything. I think I'll just deal with the annoyance of occasionally having my music interrupted.

The OPs question was specific to email notifications though, so, maybe someone else will have an answer that will only stop those. I wouldn't mind having just the email notifications stop, but, some other ones are important.

mikec917

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I do know that it will cut off the music for a call, and put up the "incoming call" screen, but depending on how much attention you're paying to your phone, that may not be enough to draw your attention to the phone call. Not entirely sure how to keep the phone call audibly ringing for you.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, well, if it cuts off the music, that should work. I think it's enough to make me upset and think, "what happened to my music?" Thanks for the tip!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware