any idea of full retail price?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Got a call from Dailysteals today to confirm my address and CC number. Said will ship out asap.

Nice, lucky. I haven't heard a word yet. Was thinking of checking with their live chat to see if there is any delay. I didn't have my phone number in so idt they can get in touch with me that way. Did update and put one in though.

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I've actually considered waiting for the ATT version and getting it off contract. My renewal is not until Jan 2012. But then the thought of ATT blocking tethering or able to detect it through their rom and waiting for update from them really pushed me to get the unlocked International version.

If a custom ROM is installed, can ATT still detect tethering?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My order from Dailysteals finally shipped out yesterday. Will be arriving tomorrow afternoon! Awesomeness! :D

Wow....You must live close by NY. Mine apparently shipped last week and they never updated my account or emailed me. But with live chat he gave me a tracking number. Its in Jacksonville atm and should be to me tomorrow!!! Srsly cannot wait. :cool:

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The search button is actually the home (center) button. Just press it twice real fast and there you go. Congrats on the price. I would have jumped on that deal if I was still on contact.

I'm sorry, I would like to apologize on the search button. Looking at the GT-I9100 quick start guide that I printed out awhile back it says that you need to press and hold the Menu button (located left of the Home key) to activate the search bar. My apology.

sooby77

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow....You must live close by NY. Mine apparently shipped last week and they never updated my account or emailed me. But with live chat he gave me a tracking number. Its in Jacksonville atm and should be to me tomorrow!!! Srsly cannot wait. :cool:

Your tracking number should tell you when it was shipped out. I'm in NC and not too far away from NY. According to the tracking number, mine was shipped out of Brooklyn, NY.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I would like to apologize on the search button. Looking at the GT-I9100 quick start guide that I printed out awhile back it says that you need to press and hold the Menu button (located left of the Home key) to activate the search bar. My apology.

That's the same for a lot of different Android phones. Holding menu got you search, holding search got you to voice-activated search.

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If a custom ROM is installed, can ATT still detect tethering?

According to a thread on xda they're most likely detecting tethering via browser id strings. This means it doesn't matter what rom you use if you don't change the string on the device you are tethering. Refer to THIS thread for more info.