Anybody get their Free Google Home Mini Yet? (Update: Yes some are getting them now)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody get their Free Google Home Mini Yet?

Got mine as well tonight. Says it will be delivered Thur or Fri.

Just got mine as well and ordered, but to get the 11/9-11/10 delivery window it would have required upgrading to expedited shipping (something around $18). Was yours that timeframe with free shipping?

nomi1978

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Just got mine as well and ordered, but to get the 11/9-11/10 delivery window it would have required upgrading to expedited shipping (something around $18). Was yours that timeframe with free shipping?

When did you receive your pixel? Pixel 2 or XL? Still waiting on my code.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

My free delivery ships tomorrow (The 8th) and delivers on Nov 10-13, I'll be surprised if it doesn't get here on the 10th..tho its meaningless , my pixel 2 XL already does everything the mini can do...(and has a screen, and travels with me)

Everytime time we say Hey Google 2 things are going to answer, it is why I want to stick with Amazon for house control. It would be nice if we could give it a name like "Hey Jerry"..."How long to compile"...

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

My free delivery ships tomorrow (The 8th) and delivers on Nov 10-13, I'll be surprised if it doesn't get here on the 10th..tho its meaningless , my pixel 2 XL already does everything the mini can do...(and has a screen, and travels with me)

Everytime time we say Hey Google 2 things are going to answer, it is why I want to stick with Amazon for house control. It would be nice if we could give it a name like "Hey Jerry"..."How long to compile"...
The Pixel knows if a home is answering the request and therefore won't respond to the request so you don't end up having two devices actually answer.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

The Pixel knows if a home is answering the request and therefore won't respond to the request so you don't end up having two devices actually answer.

If it has to be on the same wifi, thats a problem..I never run wifi on my phone.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

If it has to be on the same wifi, thats a problem..I never run wifi on my phone.
No it doesn't. I just tested it while my phones WiFi was off and my Google home sitting on my nightstand. Only my home actually responded when I asked what the weather was.

They both go into listening when you say hey Google but only the home responds.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Got Mini Promo

Are these coming in emails?

Like was said, came to my Gmail account, but mine was under the promotion tab so I never got a notification, just saw it when I was deleting emails. Make sure to check there if it's not in your "primary" folder.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Funny, I returned my Pixel 2 a few weeks ago and they still sent me a code for the google home mini. I guess I lucked out.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

When did you receive your pixel? Pixel 2 or XL? Still waiting on my code.

I ordered mine at launch, received it on 10/19.

As a side note, if anyone is actually considering paying the expedited shipping fee, it will likely be a waste - or at most only shorten transit time by a day or so at most. Expedited shipping indicated I'd be able to take delivery 11/9-10, with regular 'free' shipping being a window from 11/9 through somewhere around the end of next week. Put my order in yesterday after receiving the code, and it's scheduled to arrive on Friday.

gibsonb2

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Ordered my phone on Oct. 4 and it shipped on the 17th. Haven't gotten a code yet, but I expect it won't be long since so many others are getting theirs.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I assume I'll be screwed out of mine because I returned my Pixel 2XL and ordered a Pixel 2 after the cut-off date. It's a shame that people in my boat will be punished because Google released all the 2XL's with a cheapo garbage screen.

But then again, they've proven to be incompetent several times over the last couple weeks, so maybe the voucher will still come.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got an email yesterday saying that I can claim my free Google home now. I'm going to fill it out the form today and see what happens.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just chated with Google, they say that the code is sent 4-6 weeks after shipping. I got by 2XL a week ago so I won't get the code until the end of the month.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I just got an email yesterday saying that I can claim my free Google home now. I'm going to fill it out the form today and see what happens.

Form? It's practically a 2 click process. Can't believe how easy Google made it. Yea Google

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teneika lee