Anybody using the Moto X Pure Edition without a case or bumper?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been case-less for the 1 1/2 weeks I've owned it.

I did put the free bumper on when we were walking around town on Sunday and I knew I'd be taking a few pictures.

I've got the Diztronic matte case and the Casemate Tough Frame bumper on order. I will be using them, but not 24/7!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering how you guys are carrying around this huge phone when out and about. Women can carry in purse. I currently have the DROID Maxx and carry it in a belt clip type case. Don't think that would work with this phone? Or do they even have one? Just like the Maxx, too nice of a phone to cover up ☺

Posted via the Android Central App
Mine fits in my front pocket. I don't wear skinny jeans, but prefer regular jeans.

I use a clear case when I'm out and about, but I don't use a case otherwise.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am using a very thin tpu clear case and it is perfect. It looks like no case at all, but gives a nice grip.
And I don't think this phone is big. All the phones out now are on the larger side and some much larger, like the iPhone 6s plus and the Nexus 6.
BTW my husband has the N6 and he has it in a Seidio case with a belt clip. He loves it. My Moto XP looks quite small around here.

That's the same type of case I have.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Those clear TPU cases are great for the Moto X but they do start to discolor after a couple of months. Of course, for $7 or $8 a pop it's not too costly to replace them every so often.

Yes, I've seen that on some iPhone cases around my office. But like you said at the low price (mine was $7) its an easy replacement. BTW I also ordered the same type in a clear pink for that reason. ( For when I'm wanting to go extra pink on my raspberry phone! Lol)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I use Cruzerlite case and have to say I am happy. It is very slim and does not add too much bulk. I just wish that Magpul would make case for MXPE.

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Where did you get you're belt clip from? Thanks

I have used a Nite Ize case for a long time on different phones.
I just ordered an XL Sideways case which I believe is 6.2" o/d which I think will be fine.
I bought it on ebay for $10.99 and they last forever. They have a velcro fastener and a plastic clip for the belt and ride sideways, instead of north-south.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get you're belt clip from? Thanks

I apologize I didn't respond. I have the niteize also that was mentioned. Bad points: not a looker, Velcro fastener is loud to open. Good points: phone fits, clip is insanely well connected to a belt.

ryantombasco

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I can't phantom not having a case on mine.. Even though I bought the basic 16gb, black and grey MXPE from Amazon. $400 is a lot of money for a phone, for me. I almost didn't buy this phone because of the price. I'm using a CaseON belt clip case. My only gripe is that the back isn't curved like the phone, but is squared off.

Also using a screen protector.. 2 autistic children and my job more or less require both the case and the screen protector.

Repr1sal

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Im super clumsy so i dare not go caseless

Started with the supcase. Very nice not too bulky. Loved that the frosted back of the case allowed the back color of the phone.

Wife saw the otterbox defender on sale black friday and snatched me one up at 40%off. This thing is a beast. Thick, heavy, but feels like it could survive a nuclear detonation.i have zero worrys about damaging this phone (although its almost overkill)

Android Central app on Moto X Pure

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Due to its size a case is almost a necessity. A case makes the phone so much easier to hold. Even a cheat 5-9 dollar case is all that's needed to provide extra grip and some protection.