Anyone buy?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of buying a Pixel Watch. I've been using Fitbits for at least six years but I'm looking for a bit of an all-around watch now. Not an urgent purchase though. First, I need to get the Pixel 7. 🤣

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of buying a Pixel Watch. I've been using Fitbits for at least six years but I'm looking for a bit of an all-around watch now. Not an urgent purchase though. First, I need to get the Pixel 7. ??????

Everyone seems to be abandoning the Pixel 6 forum (sniff).

I had a fit bit and it did not do well on steep hikes, really bad stats. But, and this is my quirk, I'm not fond of 3rd parties having some of my health records, heart rate, sleep patterns. So I might not even use that aspect. The Gear has those numbers but it is not shared (at least, I don't think so, not that I sleep with it anyway.)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My opinion only, but for the $$ I'd get a Watch5. It's cheaper, more refined hardware and software and the battery lasts way longer.

I'm sure the pixel watch is nice, but I think I will wait for an iteration or 2.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I have both and agree with this. Nothing wrong with the Pixel Watch, but the Sammy is more refined.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I will follow up my original response that I found a really good deal on the TicWatch Pro 3 GPS for around $200 on Amazon and jumped on it. I had the original TicWatch and loved it but was hoping the Pixel watch would replace it. The TW Pro 3 just does everything I want. Big screen, loooooong battery life, health/sleep tracking. It will also get WearOS 3 eventually. I had thought about the Galaxy watch but I dont want bixby and samsung pay crap. I just wanted a google experience.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a TicWatch and really liked it, it has been a while. Only complaint I had was the speed of the UI, but I am sure that is better since. I hate laggy electronics.

I have the 5 pro and use google pay and google assistant.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a TicWatch and really liked it, it has been a while. Only complaint I had was the speed of the UI, but I am sure that is better since. I hate laggy electronics.

I have the 5 pro and use google pay and google assistant.
That was my complaint back then too but the new one is super snappy. Plus you can still go into developer options and turn off animations.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Everyone seems to be abandoning the Pixel 6 forum (sniff).

I had a fit bit and it did not do well on steep hikes, really bad stats. But, and this is my quirk, I'm not fond of 3rd parties having some of my health records, heart rate, sleep patterns. So I might not even use that aspect. The Gear has those numbers but it is not shared (at least, I don't think so, not that I sleep with it anyway.)

I know! It's sad! I still pop over there from time to time though! No one is frequenting the Pixel 5 forums! I guess this is what happens when new phones come out!

You know, my Fitbit isn't always super accurate, either. Very often I think I'm "active" or "in motion" more than it says I am.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So I went ahead and took the plunge. I originally said that I would buy another GW5 before I would get this watch but I ended up getting it for 179.00. I couldn't resist that price.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I went ahead and took the plunge. I originally said that I would buy another GW5 before I would get this watch but I ended up getting it for 179.00. I couldn't resist that price.

Great price. Where did you find it for that low?

And what do you think about it? Battery life is still my main issue. It needs to be recharged once during the day. I have "tilt to wake or whatever" OFF. I have touch-wake on. Maybe it takes my heart rate too often.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's with the 50 off and I still had 140 credit in the store. That brought it down to that price for me.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Great price. Where did you find it for that low?

And what do you think about it? Battery life is still my main issue. It needs to be recharged once during the day. I have "tilt to wake or whatever" OFF. I have touch-wake on. Maybe it takes my heart rate too often.
I haven't got it yet, although I will say if the battery is that bad I will probably return it. I figured I'd give it a fair chance.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I did get my watch yesterday. It's pretty comfortable, just pretty small. Hopefully the battery improves. I don't expect 2, 3 or even 4 days like my GW5p however, if I can make it through a day I will be satisfied with this one. It does seem to charge fairly fast which is a plus.

Update:
I pulled the watch off the charger at 3:30am and it's now 5:36pm and there is 61% left. I can work with this as long as it doesn't get any worse.

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did get my watch yesterday. It's pretty comfortable, just pretty small. Hopefully the battery improves. I don't expect 2, 3 or even 4 days like my GW5p however, if I can make it through a day I will be satisfied with this one. It does seem to charge fairly fast which is a plus.

Update:
I pulled the watch off the charger at 3:30am and it's now 5:36pm and there is 61% left. I can work with this as long as it doesn't get any worse.

I seem to run really low around 7pm. I have been sleeping with it recording my restlessness! I have a watchface which has access to weather, air quality, Assistant, Heart rate, a compass, Fitbit, and Distance (this face has trouble showing steps). I forget what those things are calls, but it is not CONTORTIONS! Ah, complications. It also show battery Percent, time, Day and Date. I'm not sure if disabling, say Heart Rate might increase battery life. If I did not sleep with it, it probably would have reasonable battery life, it charged overnight.

Enjoy.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I seem to run really low around 7pm. I have been sleeping with it recording my restlessness! I have a watchface which has access to weather, air quality, Assistant, Heart rate, a compass, Fitbit, and Distance (this face has trouble showing steps). I forget what those things are calls, but it is not CONTORTIONS! Ah, complications. It also show battery Percent, time, Day and Date. I'm not sure if disabling, say Heart Rate might increase battery life. If I did not sleep with it, it probably would have reasonable battery life, it charged overnight.

Enjoy.
For me, I am sure it could make it till morning again, but I do a quick 15 to 20 min charge to top off before bed. That brings it back to 100% or if not close to it. Then when I wake up to jump in the shower I throw it on the charger and that brings it to 100% again.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For me, I am sure it could make it till morning again, but I do a quick 15 to 20 min charge to top off before bed. That brings it back to 100% or if not close to it. Then when I wake up to jump in the shower I throw it on the charger and that brings it to 100% again.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

I'm retired so don't necessarily follow that morning shower routine anymore - or any routine! :D

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm retired so don't necessarily follow that morning shower routine anymore - or any routine! :D
Well I can easily make it 24 hours if not a littleore if I really tried and that's good enough for me. I have the BT version if that matters.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine is typically down to around 50-60% after a long day. I have the display set to always on, but turn off the wrist tilt gesture to wake. Usually exercise for 40 minutes on a rowing machine daily, and on the days I work, will often hit 10,000 steps just walking around. I don't use it for sleep monitoring.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this watch. I originally thought I'd alternate it with my Fossil Gen 6, but have found myself just sticking with the Pixel Watch. Performance is significantly better and smoother, exercise tracking is much more accurate with Fitbit, and it's a lot lighter than the Fossil (which is big heavy steel watch).

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Trying an experiment currently. I did not wear the watch to monitor sleep patterns last night or the night before. Yesterday, as I headed for bed, the watch showed a charge of about 56%. I had taken it off the charger around 6:30AM yesterday. We shall see how it does today. Coming off the charger now.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just bought one on Friday to replace my Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3. So far I'm really enjoying it. I did notice that whenever I'm in my car, and using Google Maps on my phone, it also shows up on my watch. I tried to exit out of it on the watch, since I really don't need it then, but it exits out of my app on my phone as well. Any way to just turn it off in the watch without having to uninstall it?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@jhilker, open Maps on the watch, scroll all the way down to Settings, then Mirroring, then under "When starting phone navigation, mirror on watch when:", make sure the toggle for Driving is off.

I'm really enjoying my Pixel Watch. When I got it, I thought I'd be switching off with my Fossil Gen 6 (which also has Wear OS 3.0 now), but the smooth performance, superior fitness tracking, and battery life have won me over. Haven't touched the Fossil in months!