Anyone buy?

Tonybryan 02

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Battery life - took it off the charger at about 6am this morning. it is now 9pm with 33% charge. Normal use, check notifications etc. Used it to take 1 phone call.

The real test is tomorrow when I'm at work in a warehouse with spotty signal. I'll let you know how it holds up.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Battery life - took it off the charger at about 6am this morning. it is now 9pm with 33% charge. Normal use, check notifications etc. Used it to take 1 phone call.

The real test is tomorrow when I'm at work in a warehouse with spotty signal. I'll let you know how it holds up.

LTE or non-LTE version?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I may still as I now have 300 store credit, 200.00 for the pre order and 99.90 for 10% purchase, and I don't know where else I would do with it.

That would be approx 50 bucks out of pocket for the watch.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I may still as I now have 300 store credit, 200.00 for the pre order and 99.90 for 10% purchase, and I don't know where else I would do with it.

That would be approx 50 bucks out of pocket for the watch.

I'm not expecting any BF/holiday promotions on the phones from Google substantially better than what we have at launch, but I'll be surprised if there aren't some specific to the watch that would let you order one fully funded or maybe getting an extra band in the bargain.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not expecting any BF/holiday promotions on the phones from Google substantially better than what we have at launch, but I'll be surprised if there aren't some specific to the watch that would let you order one fully funded or maybe getting an extra band in the bargain.
Good point

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Lte version.
Day 2 - full day. Took off charger at 3.30am. 8.45pm @ 25%. thoughts?
I mean not Samsung watch 5 battery obviously but I guess as long as it gets you through a day then that's good. How long does it take to charge back to 100?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Wore my watch to work today. Decided Im going to return it after a couple hours. If you are used to wearing any generous sized face watches, this is going to seem diminutive. I am used to wearing watches with at least 40mm faces, not the entire watch being that size. Its just way too small for me to get used to. If they had come out with two sizes that would have been optimal but this, IMHO, is more of a womans sized watch.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
TBH, after wearing the Huawei Watch for 6 years, the Pixel Watch seems like a bit of a break from that monster. I'm kind of liking it! The screen MAY be a bit small, but I think it's something I can get used to.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Can you switch phones without resetting on the Pixel Watch???
Probably not. I still have my gw5p so won't need to.

I cancelled my order on it so I don't have it yet. Will reorder once my 10% store credit gets added to my 200.00 credit from pre-order that way it will only cost me 50 bucks.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, what are the on-going feelings about this watch? Happy, okay, disappointed?

I've got a dying Samsung Gear S3 (battery lasts about two hours). I've been quite happy with the Gear S3 for a number of years.

I see Amazon now has a return window through Jan for the Holiday shopping season. I suspect that while still new it may go on sale sometime in the next few months. I am concerned about its "bezel-less" face and hitting it into things.

So looking for opinions now that you've had it for a month or so.

Oh, I do have the Pixel 6 Pro phone on Google Fi.

Thanks in advance.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My opinion only, but for the $$ I'd get a Watch5. It's cheaper, more refined hardware and software and the battery lasts way longer.

I'm sure the pixel watch is nice, but I think I will wait for an iteration or 2.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So, what are the on-going feelings about this watch? Happy, okay, disappointed?

I've got a dying Samsung Gear S3 (battery lasts about two hours). I've been quite happy with the Gear S3 for a number of years.

I see Amazon now has a return window through Jan for the Holiday shopping season. I suspect that while still new it may go on sale sometime in the next few months. I am concerned about its "bezel-less" face and hitting it into things.

So looking for opinions now that you've had it for a month or so.

Oh, I do have the Pixel 6 Pro phone on Google Fi.

Thanks in advance.

I've had it a couple of weeks now, replacing my Samsung Watch 3, and using it with the P7 Pro. It is light years better than the Watch 3, but that is of course 2 generations old... IMO, it's the best looking smartwatch out there bar none, but it is pricy - I really think they should've gone with an aluminum body (like the basic Samsung and Apple watches) to keep the price down, as while the stainless steel is really nice, it definitely drove the price up. I was fortunate enough to get one free in a giveaway or otherwise probably would have waited, as my Watch 3 was still doing fine.

As to the bezel, I know with 100% certainty I would end up at least scratching it up over time, and at worst cracking it, so I picked up a bezel ring from Ringke that eliminates my concern there and still looks really good (though not as elegant as without).

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I really like it. I replaced my galaxy watch four with this one and haven't had any regrets. I use fitbit or peloton for my fitness needs so not having to wear two devices is a big part of why I like it. Battery life is an issue, but I do a quick recharge at the end of the day and that helps it to make it through the night.