Anyone came from Google 6 Pro to S22 Ultra?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I just jump on to S22 ultra from Pro 6. Not totally sure how I feel about that after day one.

Curious if others made the move and what are their thoughts. I mainly was getting frustrated with 6 Pro connectivity.

The boxy design of the ultra I love a lot.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I had the P6P for a couple of weeks, I was testing it against my S21U but didn’t end up keeping it. I liked the S21U better. However I just traded in my S21U for the S22U. Not much of an upgrade from the S21U but I think it’s worth it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not a jump but have both S22U and P6 Pro. Overall definitely S22U is the more feature packed, better hardware and the better choice for most. But Pixel has it's own charm and personally for all the complaints I never had any issues with it. I still love it but I can't argue that it's better than S22U. Both are different experiences and are great phones.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Not a jump but have both S22U and P6 Pro. Overall definitely S22U is the more feature packed, better hardware and the better choice for most. But Pixel has it's own charm and personally for all the complaints I never had any issues with it. I still love it but I can't argue that it's better than S22U. Both are different experiences and are great phones.
Couldn't have said it better ... I have both as well and agree with everything you stated.

mthom5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting ready to upgrade from a Pixel 4XL and can't decide which to go with. My husband just got a 22 Ultra and it seems my camera on the 4XL is better than his. But with all the problems I'm hearing about on the P6P I'm tempted to go with Samsung this round. Any thoughts since you have both?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting ready to upgrade from a Pixel 4XL and can't decide which to go with. My husband just got a 22 Ultra and it seems my camera on the 4XL is better than his. But with all the problems I'm hearing about on the P6P I'm tempted to go with Samsung this round. Any thoughts since you have both?
Personally I do think the camera on the S22U competes very well with P6 Pro and at the same time versatile as well. IMO it'll come down to preference in terms of camera. Do you prefer Samsung or Pixel software is what it comes down to. Samsung has done great work on One UI but it's very feature rich which many prefer but some prefer the simple nature of Pixel.

Have you used Samsung more recently? If not I would say give S22U a try since it's a great phone. If you are going from 4 XL to 6 Pro you already know the Pixel experience so it's up you if you want to continue with it or change it up. As I said previously both are great phones and you won't go wrong with either. But S22U definitely more polished overall since Samsung has reached a place where they have perfected making great hardware and One UI is also improved tremendously over the last couple of years.

mthom5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Personally I do think the camera on the S22U competes very well with P6 Pro and at the same time versatile as well. IMO it'll come down to preference in terms of camera. Do you prefer Samsung or Pixel software is what it comes down to. Samsung has done great work on One UI but it's very feature rich which many prefer but some prefer the simple nature of Pixel.

Have you used Samsung more recently? If not I would say give S22U a try since it's a great phone. If you are going from 4 XL to 6 Pro you already know the Pixel experience so it's up you if you want to continue with it or change it up. As I said previously both are great phones and you won't go wrong with either.

Prior to my 4XL I had the S9+. Before that I had used a Pixel 2, a galaxy or 2, the exploding note, and even an iPhone. Honestly thinking I may enjoy the ultra experience more...but that pixel camera makes it hard to leave. I keep reading about all the glitches and hiccups people are dealing with on the P6P and it makes me nervous, especially when there have been several updates and some still aren't fixed. Maybe I'll wait it out and see what tomorrow's update brings.

Have you noticed any difference in signal strength in either?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I've had not one issue with this p6p and I love that phone but I have to say they are just some things that I like better with the s22u... The screen brightness for one is like night and day between the two phones... Auto brightness is so much better on the ultra that I don't have to worry about toggling the display something I can't do with the pixel..Customization and using the s pen again is something that I really truly love... Camera for me they both do excellent I don't have moving pics of pets or kids by where people always prefer the pixel... At the same time I love a lot of things about the p6p including text to voice dictation and the call screening and call hold are just solid things to use daily... They are both fast but I feel like the ultra is a little bit faster and battery wise I get better battery on the ultra... But then again I'm also good with the the pixel battery wise ..just small observations from using both daily ..

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Prior to my 4XL I had the S9+. Before that I had used a Pixel 2, a galaxy or 2, the exploding note, and even an iPhone. Honestly thinking I may enjoy the ultra experience more...but that pixel camera makes it hard to leave. I keep reading about all the glitches and hiccups people are dealing with on the P6P and it makes me nervous, especially when there have been several updates and some still aren't fixed. Maybe I'll wait it out and see what tomorrow's update brings.

Have you noticed any difference in signal strength in either?
Not much, I'm in an area where I get great T-Mobile coverage so haven't seen much difference between the two.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Not much, I'm in an area where I get great T-Mobile coverage so haven't seen much difference between the two.
I'm seeing about the same thing nothing really different with reception on Verizon.. I've not noticed any places where one or the other outshine..

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I went from 4xl to 6 Pro and had 3xl before that and Note 10 before that.

While the camer on pixel phones can't be beat (for kids and pets moving around more specifically), 2 things I didn't like on the 6 Pro.

Phone profile tall and rounded edges. I am not a fan of that. I much much better prefer the boxy profile of S22 ultra.

I had so many annoying connections issues with 6 Pro. Things got better after couple of updates but not perfect. I never had any connections issues with my 4 xl that I had for almost 2 years. So that was the main reason I bought the s22 ultra.

So far, I am enjoying the ultra. Again, the boxy profile and spen are great. Screen looks amazing.

I might end up selling 6 Pro just for the reason of its tall and rounded profile. That is obviously a personal preference.

Willfake84

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pixel 6 Pro, but pre ordered the s22 ultra 1gb in online exclusive red. No shipping notice yet even though it's been over 4 weeks. I loved the pixel at first coming from the s21 but that wore off fast. Until recently there wasn't a single good screen protector for it and it was dropping calls and data constantly. Never was a issue on my Samsung. Also the processor felt like a downgrade to snapdragon. Can't wait to get my ultra.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Pixel 6 (non-Pro) and the S22 Ultra. It's honestly hard to compare the two because they are so different.

The Pixel is easier to handle day to day because it's smaller. For me it has more personality than the S22 Ultra as well. The hardware design, color (I got the Sorta Seafoam), and quirkiness of Material You is really charming and fun to use. The camera is also really good. And to top it all off it's literally 1/2 the retail price of the S22 Ultra.

The S22 Ultra on the other hand is a beast of a phone that means business. It has every feature I can possibly think of. A huge beautiful display, great camera (from what I've seen so far), the SPen, the boxy design I missed from my Note 20 Ultra, and much better auto brightness. Seriously, the auto brightness on the Pixel 6 is even worse than OnePlus, and that's saying something. There's also all the extra features that Samsung puts on top of Android. It can feel overwhelming if you haven't used a Samsung in a while, but it's worth it imo.

If one wants a fun to use, fairly customizable, super fast at the basics kinda phone the Pixel 6 line is awesome. And to top it all off it's a great value. If one wants a do-it-all device the Ultra is definitely a better choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463