Anyone Early Adopters A Little Ticked at the 32GB Flavor?

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just a little venting. I would love the 32 GB, now it's out, but I bought my 16GB for the same price, and since they reduced the 16GB to 199$, I can't very well sell it for even that - what I believe would be a fair price for a few months light use.

Wondering if there are others out there...

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I was a little annoyed when I first heard about the 32GB version.
I'm just happy that it's out for the holidays because I'll be giving my 16GB to my brother and buying the 32 for myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
it sucks for sure, but that's the way tech is; there's always going to be something better at the same price point that you purchased at, whether it's a couple a months or a year down the road. the competition for Tablet space is heating up so I'm not surprised about the quick releases, so we grin and bear it; like it's always said, if you tend to wait for the next best thing, you'll always be waiting, so buy something you like, enjoy it, and purchase again when the time is right for you. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
try to look for the silver lining...by owning the 16GB, one can EASILY justify the purchase of the next best thing, whatever that might be--another Nexus ~7" tablet or a non-nexus model coming in 2013. :)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is why I bought the 8gb version on release. I will now gift mine to my 7yr old son and buy the 32gb for myself.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat, but that's what happens when you gotta have the new hotness ASAFP. Does it still come with the $25 in Play store credit or is that something we early adopters alone got?

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not really. It's just the nature of technology and to be expected. I have gifted my 16 GB version, and upgraded to 32 GB 3g.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. That's the price to pay for being an early adopter. It sucks, but just part of life with android. I love my 16gb.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Not really. It's just the nature of technology and to be expected. I have gifted my 16 GB version, and upgraded to 32 GB 3g.

Agreed. 14 years ago I sold IBM storage for about a million dollars a Terabyte. Now you can by a Terabyte on one disk drive for less than $300.

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw the 32gb on the shelf after a week of purchasing my 16gb version boy was I fed up. Sent very polite letter to the retaile who said no bother we will upgrade you with a 32 gb model just come in and exchange it. Did that on Tuesday so the good guys are out there.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am very, very, very, very, very, very ticked!!!!

I would have preferred that Google waited at least a year before bringing any enhancements to the Nexus 7 (preferably two years), and even then that they still charge the same amount for the old version, and much more for the enhanced version. That would be the only fair thing to do, would maintain or enhance the value of my investment in the Nexus 7 (that's why I bought it, as an investment that would grow in value over time), and would be a fantastic business model that would attract tons of new customers for Google and keep them very competitive in this always stagnant tech industry.

So yes, I am ticked, and not just a little! Damn you, Google, damn you!!!

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad I could use it during the couple of months before they released the 32gb. I'm about 3gb away from filling up the memory, but I can make due.

Just saying though, it really does discourage early adopters when the worth of your device drops 20% literally a few months after release. I've never really seen that happen with other well-known electronic devices. I mean half a year would be totally acceptable, but 3 months?

quarky_uk

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand people getting annoyed. The nexus had been out for several months, it isn't like it was the next day. Change happens but my Nexus its still great.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
it really does discourage early adopters when the worth of your device drops 20% literally a few months after release. I've never really seen that happen with other well-known electronic devices. I mean half a year would be totally acceptable, but 3 months?

Doesn't discourage me at all. I got a Nexus 7 from the first production batch (C60). It's got a little screen lift - nothing I can't live with. It was $250 for the 16GB model. I got it the very first day Staples had it in stock. I still love it, and I still think I paid fair money for value received.

I could have waited 3 months and gotten a 32GB for the same price, or a 16GB for $50 less. Instead, I've had my device for 3 months. 3 months of actual use of the device having "overpaid" by $50 means $16 a month. Plus I got the $25 play store credit.

Also, let's pretend the 32GB never came out, and the 16GB was still $250. A 16GB quad-core high-resolution Nexus tablet for $250 is still, even today, one of the best deals out there. The only thing out there that can really compete with it is the refreshed Nexus line, and the only differentiators are lowered price and increased memory.

It's still a good deal.

adamfrayne182

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't care. I could of probably went 8 and been fine. I'm always in front of a computer so its nothing for me to quickly take a few episodes off and put a few new ones on.

I really never even come close to 16gb. Maybe 13-14 max

- - - Updated - - -

I personally don't care. I could of probably went 8 and been fine. I'm always in front of a computer so its nothing for me to quickly take a few episodes off and put a few new ones on.

I really never even come close to 16gb. Maybe 13-14 max

stoneysilence

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What ticks me off is Europeans got a refund from Google and Asus. While the US got nada.

I knew a 32gb would come soon so I am not really too upset.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ticked, a little. Justifiably, no. I bought an 8gb and returned it, bought a 16gb and got a Play store credit of $25 each time. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe