Anyone else getting Google Now can't reach your feed at the moment?

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: Doing nothing to fix the problem, changing no settings, I now get a few "Stories to Read" after midnight each day. As I clear them away, new stories to not appear. Clicking "More Stories to Read" brings the loadwheel followed by an error message.

By clear them away, you don't mean you slide to the right so it stops sending you stories with that topic right?

StevieDan

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this same issue. I fixed it by opening the Google app, going into Settings, tapping on “Your feed," and then selecting ”Reset feed preferences?”.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep, this happens from time to time when the Google app gets updated. I think something in the data goes sideways and resetting the prefs as mentioned usually does the trick.

The Visual-anti

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
So I've tried ever suggestion from resetting my preferences not only did it not fix my problem I have to redo everything. Everything is up to date, apps, framework, etc. It's getting quite frustrating, at times like I miss having the ability to text 466-453.
Does anyone have the link to Google's bug tracker page for this problem?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This can happen when there is an update to the Google app that has been pushed out. Near as I can tell, they might make sight changes to the app's data db and this sometimes makes data stored in the old format incompatible.

Oftentimes going into the Google settings and resetting the app preferences fixes the problem, at least temporarily until you get the update.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Go into the Google app, settings, your feed, clear your feed preferences.

The settings DB sometimes gets corrupted on an update to the app and this usually clears. You don't really lose much in terms of settings, just a few minor options get reset.

Tony DiMarzio

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Get "failed to turn off cards due to a network error" when trying to reset feed preferences. Tried uninstalling Google app and re-installing. Tried rebooting. Tried resetting cache and data in Google app. Pixel 2 XL, June update.

diefenbaker1977

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Get "failed to turn off cards due to a network error" when trying to reset feed preferences. Tried uninstalling Google app and re-installing. Tried rebooting. Tried resetting cache and data in Google app. Pixel 2 XL, June update.

Yes, same here when I tried - Settings > Your feed > Reset feed preferences? > Reset

It was working until yesterday afternoon. Haven't changed anything or installed anything new.

Tony DiMarzio

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes, same here when I tried - Settings > Your feed > Reset feed preferences? > Reset

It was working until yesterday afternoon. Haven't changed anything or installed anything new.

I haven't changed anything either. As a test I fired up a fresh Android AVD emulator in Android Studio, emulating Pixel 2 XL running Android 8.1, and I get the exact same thing. So, a factory reset certainly won't help.

Tony DiMarzio

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I haven't changed anything either. As a test I fired up a fresh Android AVD emulator in Android Studio, emulating Pixel 2 XL running Android 8.1, and I get the exact same thing. So, a factory reset certainly won't help.

And, now it's working. Changed nothing. It's working on both my physical Pixel 2 XL and my emulated device. Changed nothing on either. Obviously, Google fixed on their end.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's usually what happens.. Google's stuff relies heavily on cloud services, the apps are mostly templates that source data from their end.
And, now it's working. Changed nothing. It's working on both my physical Pixel 2 XL and my emulated device. Changed nothing on either. Obviously, Google fixed on their end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FerretPhone