Anyone else returned their LG G3 and regetted it?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

G3 overheats to the point where the screen automatically greatly dims in order for it to cool down, rendering the G3 unusable until it cools down. G3 is virtually non viewable outdoors. Cracks are emanating from the microphone which hints of a very thin plastic used in order to cut costs. So G3 is a no go.

The difference here is that 'some' G3's have been reported to have the issues you say. ALL M8's on the other hand have a sub-par camera!

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

This has to be a joke thread, right? Nobody buys the same phone three times over... And who would ever compare iOS games to Android games? They're two completely different platforms. Whichever game was ported will run worse, that's just common sense.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, done responding to him.....it's to the point of silliness.

This has to be a joke thread, right? Nobody buys the same phone three times over... And who would ever compare iOS games to Android games? They're two completely different platforms. Whichever game was ported will run worse, that's just common sense.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

It's not a joke thread. I'm just trying to find the right phone for me is all. But everyone keeps saying get the G3. But I'm unsure if I'm happy enough with the performance hits. And like I said, I think my OCD was triggering and I was worried that the new stuff coming would have outclassed it. So I was worried about sticking with it. But on paper the G3 looks to be the most well rounded. The M8 is my runner up choice, but again not sure I want to settle on the camera.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

It's not a joke thread. I'm just trying to find the right phone for me is all. But everyone keeps saying get the G3. But I'm unsure if I'm happy enough with the performance hits. And like I said, I think my OCD was triggering and I was worried that the new stuff coming would have outclassed it. So I was worried about sticking with it. But on paper the G3 looks to be the most well rounded. The M8 is my runner up choice, but again not sure I want to settle on the camera.

You can see why one would go wdf....3 times ERM John McEnroe comes to mind "you cannot be serious" lol

Advice now stick to your iPhone that obviously brings you the most comfort.

Posted via the Android Central App

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

This is beyond ridiculous. Accept the fact that nothing is going to make you happy and move on. It's just a $&@&@ phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Not to sound like a jerk, but it sounds like no phone is going to make you happy. No phone is perfect. Every one has its quirks. You have to find what phone matches the way you use it and then buy it. No matter what you buy today there will be something newer and shinier next month.

I came from a moto x and yeah there are some things I miss like active notifications and that it was the perfect size. But having an awesome screen and really great camera make me happy with my purchase.

I think you need to decide on a phone and just use it. Get off the forums and just enjoy it.

That's my .02.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

So, I honestly think I'm gonna go back to the G3. I appreciate your guys help and input. Yes, I realize that this is my third time with the phone and it's ridiculous, but I think it's gonna be the best for me right now. I still have concerns with game performance, but from what I played it wasn't that bad. Again, I think it was anxiety from benchmark scores and wondering if some of these other devices were going to be better or not. But seeing what the note 4 and new Moto x are, I think I'm comfortable with what the G3 is in comparison.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

So, I honestly think I'm gonna go back to the G3. I appreciate your guys help and input. Yes, I realize that this is my third time with the phone and it's ridiculous, but I think it's gonna be the best for me right now. I still have concerns with game performance, but from what I played it wasn't that bad. Again, I think it was anxiety from benchmark scores and wondering if some of these other devices were going to be better or not. But seeing what the note 4 and new Moto x are, I think I'm comfortable with what the G3 is in comparison.

Oh geez...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Why don't you get the Cat6? Better performance with the same phone.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

You get anxiety from numbers that mean absolutely nothing? You said you have an iPhone right? So you should know benchmarks are crap and mean nothing.

Sent from my HTC One Mate... I mean M8

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

OP: Just remember this about phones: whatever you get, good phone, bad phone, phone you're happy with, phone you're unhappy with...in the general scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.
Assuming the worst...you get a phone you're unhappy with AND it performs badly. End of world?

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

So I should clarify that the phone didn't overheat, but just started getting warm or got. It didn't overheat and shut itself off or displayed a warning.

Today I can go get the G3 again or get the S5 it HTC ONE M8. Or what a week and see what the note 4 or Moto x +1 is like. Or iphone 6, lol

I think you might want to get the new iPhone. Android may have too many options to consider, and I don't mean that in a mean way at all.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

got mine last week. its not a great upgrade from my g2. it lags, gets warm, shady battery and im not sold on the size or design. im waiting on aosp roms to see how it really performs as the stock lg rom is horrid. worse comes to worse ill sell and buy the nexus 6.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I really enjoy my ROOTED G3. Both the VZ and AT&T come with bloatware out the wazoo. Rooting on both was simple and now both are performing the best I've seen yet on Android. My one real complaint with the device has been the SIM tray. I broke mine trying to insert a nano sim inside a sim adapter. For a flagship device, this is unacceptable. Other than that, I'm only waiting for the bootloader to get unlocked so I can install CM11. With the debloated LG UI, I have no qualms with waiting. Even if that unlock never comes. Never being relative until my NEXT upgrade. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello