Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us now)

coastalfan

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us

I am trying to use Foxfi. It works fine on my kindle fire, but when I try to use it on my MacBook, it will work for about 5 minutes, then starts just looking for network. It says I am connected, but I can't pull up any webpages? Any ideas?

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

hmm, I'm not trying to be weird but Macs have weird wifi issues with connection dropping, I've not been a Mac user since the early 90s. I just know at my client site Macs have that same issue on the wifi networks that have a key, on the one that is "open" you enter the user/pass on the browser, that one works fine.

I'll ask a few of the mac users and see if they know.

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Love this! Been searching for a simple app that supports infrastructure on the E4GT.
Wireless Tether 3 Beta 11 doesnt seem to do it, but this does.

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

And now I am posting using the connection. Good work to the dev.

playya

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Check out PDANet Tablet upgrade which uses FoxFi if you want to connect your tablet via bluetooth. It sets up a VPN and may actually mask your data for those worried about Sprint getting upset. I know quite a few people who tether and just normally use around 6-8 gbs a month with no problems from Sprint. Just use normally and don't abuse and all will be well

TheOnlyFTG

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

I NEVER join forums, and I usually NEVER pay for apps. But this dev changes everything! I will gladly pay for this app! Sure beats paying the ADDITIONAL fee to the carriers for using a service that your phone ALREADY provides. Why the hell are we paying so much for the phone if we can't use ALL of its capabilities? And WITHOUT ROOTING the phone?! This dev deserves our thanks (certainly has mine), and any donations we can muster. BEST APP AVAILABLE TODAY!!

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

make sure to give me likes and name your first born after me? lol

sayhy2mark33

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Not to hijack, but I downloaded this app and it works great until my phone screen turns off, then the app disconnects and disappears. Any idea what might be causing this? I'm new to smartphones and I have an idea it's an easy fix I'm missing. :(

shabach123

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I am having trouble getting my laptop to connect. It shows up but says it won;t connect. what am I doing wrong?

Greebe

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

Not to hijack, but I downloaded this app and it works great until my phone screen turns off, then the app disconnects and disappears. Any idea what might be causing this? I'm new to smartphones and I have an idea it's an easy fix I'm missing. :(

I use the free app called StayAwake just for this issue

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Anyone been able to use bleutooth DUN with Windows 7 using this and the E4GT?
I cant make it work.
Doesnt really matter as wifi works great, but just playing with it.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Okay, Why am I just finding out today about this app and all of its awesomeness. Used it today with my GS2 & my Gtab 10.1 and it was flawless. Easy install and great connection. Yet another reason why Android is my OS of choice. Now lets just hope Sprint isnt watching my account :)

Last edited:

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

So awesome...thank you dev for this. I came from the HTC Evo 4G and had such a hard time finding a wifi app that worked without rooting it of some form. But this is great...now I can actually take my Galaxy 10.1 places and use it without issues of finding decent hotspots.

I wrote a thread a few days ago about not liking the Epic4GT as I had small issues with the inner workings...but I have changed my mind!!!

Thank you FoxFi Software. How do I donate?

aznberry

May 13, 2010
Visit site

WIFI mode can't be activated on HTC phones. HTC hotspot is lock!

What should I do for now? I want to connect my Kindle fire to my Evo 4g WIFI connection..
Haven't tried the connecting through bluetooth yet.

Thanks!

aznberry

May 13, 2010
Visit site

How did you connect your Kindle fire to Foxfi. Through bluetooth or Wifi?

I have the Evo 4g and the hotspot is locked..

Many thanks!

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

This app doesn't work on HTC phones. See the post just above yours.

banzai619

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi will work on htc phones - you will have to use it in bluetooth mode vs wifi mode - so if you are planning to use your phone as a hotspot - it will have to be in bluetooth - which means you will have to have bluetooth usb connector or bluetooth installed in the tab, laptop or pc

raven08r6

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Just started using this app for my girls kindle fire. No issues at all even with my S2 across the room w screen off. Great app is all I can say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana