Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us now)

metroff1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us

I tried to show a friend FoxFi from the market and when we tried to look it up it was no longer there. I found a link to the app from another site and sent the page to my friend. When he tried to access it in the marketplace a note came up that said something along the lines of, "This application has been blocked by your wireless carrier."

Does anyone know if this app will still be supported or how to get in touch with the developer? I tried to find the developer's website when it was still on the market but there was none and it would only take me to the application description.

Doublej1970

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

It won't download for me from any website! Did sprint block it from outside sources too??

Menehune

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It won't download for me from any website! Did sprint block it from outside sources too??

Sprint blocked it almost right off the bat. I had to go directly to the website and found a download link there - not the one that just takes you to the google play site.

Sprint motorola photon / acer iconia tab a500 working fine.
-Menehune

marie135

May 3, 2012
Visit site

so i downloaded FoxFi on my phone and since its htc i tried connecting it via bluetooth to my mac. In the help (step by step) from FoxFi it says that after pairing on the comp is done mac should "prompt to set up a mobil/dialup connection", but nothing happens... im stuck in this step and don't know what to do, can anyone help?

Twist747

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

GNex on VZW
I have been using FoxFi for several months. Has been an awesome app and worked well. Now, all of the sudden it has stopped working. Not sure why?? The wifi connects to my Prime tablet & Laptop but NO internet connection. I can't figure this out. I have tried to find anything in my settings but nothing that I'm aware of has changed. Any Suggestions?:(

rickspencer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I've been running FoxFi for a while but today the sprint hotspot activation icon came on as well as the foxfi one in the status bar ((o)). has anyone else seen this and are they (sprint) now charging for it?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i tested this app again a few days ago app and it no longer works.

Sprint G-Nex.

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

The hotspot notification has always come on. No, you won't get charged.
App still works on the e4gt.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

It's been removed from the play store as I understand it. Just google it though and you will find the developer website which has the .apk for it.

kyoceraZio2011

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Okay I downloaded the apparently to my android its a kyocera zoo by Sanyo or whatever and my ps3 isn't picking up the wiring anyone want to help me out here. Tell me how to get it to work and what not.

kyoceraZio2011

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Tell lmfao how to get my ps3 to hook up to the wifi or what's going on cuz right now I rate this apparently zero stars

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

No one cares how you rate it.
Perhaps it doesn't work with your device. It is stated that it is not compatible with all phones.

hombre_jaguar

May 21, 2012
Visit site

hi new to this forum. i have the nexus s 4g on sprint too, but haven't been able to get foxfi to work. i did all the recommendations and the devs email said they're working on it. Any ideas? I still have os 2.3.7 non root. should i update to 4 ics?

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone tried using FoxFi on ICS for our phone yet?

I'm interested as to whether or not it will work, with the OTA around the corner.