Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us now)

DNichols13

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Been Using this App for a little over 3 months. Works great I'm getting better Speeds then I did when I had DSL. I'm currently Using it on a Samsung conquer that I bought for the sole purpose of making it a hotspot.

Now for the Downside. I got 2 letters in the mail today from Sprint. 1 for Unattended downloading/streaming and 1 for Phone as modem usage.

From what the notes say I have till the 21st to stop this usage or I lose my account.

Does anyone know a way to prevent them from seeing How I'm using my Phone?

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Been Using this App for a little over 3 months. Works great I'm getting better Speeds then I did when I had DSL. I'm currently Using it on a Samsung conquer that I bought for the sole purpose of making it a hotspot.

Now for the Downside. I got 2 letters in the mail today from Sprint. 1 for Unattended downloading/streaming and 1 for Phone as modem usage.

From what the notes say I have till the 21st to stop this usage or I lose my account.

Remember they can see the pages you are access. Since many pages have a mobile version of the regular one they can have an idea. Depending on you're use, some pages are difficult or can't be accessed on a mobile device. I suggest you to use Dolphin Browser on Desktop mode and verify if all the pages open in it and write back to them.
On the other hand, if you used it for Play Station or Xbox of course they will know that you are tethering.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

you have a dedicated phone just for tethering? it sounds like you are really abusing the tethering function. why not just pay the fee and sign up for tethering with Sprint? you are violating your user agreement.

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently Using it on a Samsung conquer that I bought for the sole purpose of making it a hotspot.

You are the type of guy that ruined this for everyone. I only ever only used it for the occasional time that I needed access for my Galaxy Tab...but you us it as your home internet? You need to start thinking...use your brain! :(

dawn2dusk

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I am trying really hard to connect my Samsung Galaxy 2 Epic 4G to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 but cannot do it!! Can anyone PLEASE advise. I have installed PDANet on my tablet and FoxFi on my cell phone. Tried by selecting "bluetooth" on my phone as well as "WiFi hotspot". When I do the WiFi on my phone, it shows as if it's trying to connect on my tablet but never actually connects. Is there somewhere that I can get really good instructions or can someone please advise?!?!?! :'( I thought having both Samsung Galaxy items, I would have no problems.

Thanks much!

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Root your GSII, then use Wi-Fi tether for root users, it seems to have much wider compatibility in my experience.

Sent from my SGSII E4GT

huntzy42

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an unrooted EVO 4g, I have foxfi on this, but when I launch hotspot I get htc lock is enabled. Is it possible to get this disabled without rooting?

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using FoxFi they now sell a key after 5 minutes.
Also can try with SVTP is good too, but only give you 5 minutes to try.
My phone is running 2.3 EL29.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk