Anyone here text to a Windows phone??

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My husband has the HTC Arrive, and whenever I text him, he gets it like 20+ times. At first, it only happened if he didn't reply to the text. Today, it is just sending and sending. I got my sister to text him from her Android phone on Verizon, but we never received any of her texts. I called Sprint, and they reset some server on their side, then all of my sisters texts came thru. Now her last text is coming thru multiple times, along with several of mine from earlier today.

Oh, now it's happening from an iPhone on Verizon. I tried to get friends with different phones and os's to text to see if we could narrow it down to a Sprint problem or an os problem. Looks like it may just be a Sprint problem.

Oh, and we did a battery pull too, and still no fix.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Last edited:

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My husband has the HTC Arrive, and whenever I text him, he gets it like 20+ times. At first, it only happened if he didn't reply to the text. Today, it is just sending and sending. I got my sister to text him from her Android phone on Verizon, but we never received any of her texts. I called Sprint, and they reset some server on their side, then all of my sisters texts came thru. Now her last text is coming thru multiple times, along with several of mine from earlier today.

Oh, now it's happening from an iPhone on Verizon. I tried to get friends with different phones and os's to text to see if we could narrow it down to a Sprint problem or an os problem. Looks like it may just be a Sprint problem.

Oh, and we did a battery pull too, and still no fix.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Yes on an evo 4g they told me too replace it but problem went away his newlyis the phones activation

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
No, he's using the stock SMS program. I updated his phone with Mango today and he's still having the multiple text problems. My phone is now getting multiple texts from youmail today. I've gotten 16 texts from a message that was left about 6hrs ago.

I decided to reboot my phone and I got 7 texts pushed through from earlier today that never made it to my phone.

Sprint put in a ticket with the Network department, so I'm hoping to hear from them soon. This all started after the hurricane came thru a month ago (and I couple of days after I got my Photon).

Kristie

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's probably a network problem due to the hurricane. Some towers could have gotten damaged causing your issue. Try updating your phones profile and PRL. Then if that doesn't work, call sprint and have them reprovision both phones.

four squares>settings>about phone>system updates>update profile (then) update PRL

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten any more youmail texts. I did update my profile, but when I went to update my PRL, I got the following error: COMMS_NON_FATAL. The PRL on my phone is 51081. Is that the latest?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten any more youmail texts. I did update my profile, but when I went to update my PRL, I got the following error: COMMS_NON_FATAL. The PRL on my phone is 51081. Is that the latest?

That error happens here and there. Just keep hitting udate till it updates. Yes 51081 is the latest but your last update could have been a bad download.

Have you tried a battery pull? Pull the batt out for 1 minute or so and replace. This is also known as a hard reset and see if that might help. You might have to wipe your phone and start from scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce