Anyone Jump from 5X to 6P?

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just sold my 5X awaiting my 6P in the mail (ordered it Friday night) just wondering how many others feel like they made a mistake going with the 5X instead of 6P. Not to knock the phone the build was amazing but I feel as if the 2GB ram really made a difference, with the phone lagging between app switches and launching the camera ( the camera would open and the shutter button wouldn't activate for a good 3/4 seconds).

Posted via the Android Central App

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
On the contrary. I have had my 5X for 3 weeks and 6P for one week knowing one would be returned. Actually, the only reason I bought the 6P is because of the hype and I wanted to see for myself how it compared. I have done side by side tests opening apps, launching camera and taking a photo and the difference is minuscule meaning micro seconds and the FP scanner on my 5X is as quick if not quicker than the 6P. I could care less about benchmarks because in the real world they don't mean much when comparing two phones of this caliber. I also love the size and weight of the 5X and the fact I hardly notice its in my pocket as opposed to the load of the 6P and my prior phone was a Nexus 6 so I have experienced large phones. In reality all three of these phones are so fast its nearly impossible to detect any difference in speed in day to day use. Anyway, I wholeheartedly expected to be sending the 5X back by now, but I'm leaning towards keeping it and the 6P going back. Lastly, and I'm sure there aren't many that will agree with me, but I am not a fan of metallic and glass backed phones. They look nice, but from a grip and durability standpoint the polycarbonate and rubber backed phones can't be beat.

PeltFrelken

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I returned my 5X for the 6P. Screen size. I had a 5.5" screen (OPO) prior to the Nexus purchase and it's just too difficult to move back to a smaller screen. The 5X is excellent in all other ways, though, for those reading this to help with an upcoming purchase. You can't go wrong with either.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree with you on that one, but the 5X gets me through a full day so I can't complain.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I debated and debated between the 5x & 6P. Coming from an original moto X, I was really worried about the huge size of the 6p. But after much thought and also the fact that I usually keep my phone for at least 2 years, I went with the 6 P because I believe it is more future proof with the processor and RAM that it has over the next couple years.

Posted via Android Central App

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I just sold my 5X awaiting my 6P in the mail (ordered it Friday night) just wondering how many others feel like they made a mistake going with the 5X instead of 6P. Not to knock the phone the build was amazing but I feel as if the 2GB ram really made a difference, with the phone lagging between app switches and launching the camera ( the camera would open and the shutter button wouldn't activate for a good 3/4 seconds).

I did!

5x was so laggy...loving the snapiness and better battery life on the 6P!

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not knocking the 5X, it's miles better then my Z3 and up to par with my M9. But the slow downs and lags just killed it for me but it is a great phone I guess I'm just used to having the top of the line instead of the mid ranger

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the 5X to 6P club. My 5X had a ton of lag problems. Most revolved around the camera so I assume there will be a fix in the near future. I still think the 6P is too large of a phone but that's really my only complaint. It has surprised me how I can use it one handed, for the most part, given it's screen size.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I too went for the 5x before eventually landing with the 6p. The problem I had with the 5x was the screen and sound quality. I think whichever phone you are coming from does make an impact for your next. I had been using a M7, and I didn't feel the video quality matched what I was seeing on my M7. And even more glaring was sound - it was awful. If you value sound at all coming from your phone (excluding headphones) the 5x was terrible. I liked the plastic build in regards to the back and the in-hand feel, but hated the buttons - they were just too mushy. And lastly, for a phone that is billed for being compact, I felt it really wasn't. There is too much bezel to not have the benefit of dual front speakers. This lead me to the 6p which I am loving. Buttons are not mushy, sound is really good, battery is awesome! However it is a big phone and tall, but once you get used to that it is a pleasure using this device.

So yes, it was a mistake going for the 5x but one that was easily correctable.

mohawk apple

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have both,been switching between the two for about a week now. Im not sure what one i would rather use as a daily driver, I'm leaning more with the size of the 5x! Both awesome phone in my opinion. :D

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 6P yesterday and wow what a difference in respond and speed and camera just flies open. My only thing is that it's a little slippery, but when my carbon fiber skin comes in (should be today) that problem will go away

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I made the jump. There's nothing wrong with the 5x. Lag is there but only if you really are looking for it. Screen was fine. Battery was fine. Everything else was fine.

On the 6P, everything is just better. The screen is better, battery is better, and there's no lag. It's clearly the premium phone. I do miss the ability to hold the 5X in one hand. But the 6P makes me happier to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meta321