Anyone order from Samsung directly?

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So my pre-order was fine on Samsung's end. I took they day off to sign for the shipment with Fedex. Of course, like most, I was looking outside every few minutes, checking for delivery updates etc... Then at 12:42 EST I got an email and notification that my package was delivered and signed for. It wasn't my house!!!! I was livid to say the least. After two calls to Fedex expressing my ... anger at this points... I got a call from the Verizon store about a mile away. They got my delivery. They couldn't call me from my name and address on the box, so they opened the box, saw it was an AT&T phone, called AT&T, got my number and called me. I was so thankful I almost switched to Verizon. Apparently the Fedex guy dropped off a bunch of boxes, did not collect any signatures, and left.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So my pre-order was fine on Samsung's end. I took they day off to sign for the shipment with Fedex. Of course, like most, I was looking outside every few minutes, checking for delivery updates etc... Then at 12:42 EST I got an email and notification that my package was delivered and signed for. It wasn't my house!!!! I was livid to say the least. After two calls to Fedex expressing my ... anger at this points... I got a call from the Verizon store about a mile away. They got my delivery. They couldn't call me from my name and address on the box, so they opened the box, saw it was an AT&T phone, called AT&T, got my number and called me. I was so thankful I almost switched to Verizon. Apparently the Fedex guy dropped off a bunch of boxes, did not collect any signatures, and left.

Wtf, that's a crazy story. Glad it worked out for you.

SamJKelly

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Did anyone who received an eGift certificate get a shipping notification from Samsung first? Or was the eGift certificate the first thing you heard from Samsung. I just received an email that my order was shipped and the tracking shows it will be delivered tomorrow, but there is no sign of an eGift certificate. I'm wondering if I should contact Samsung and ask about it..

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone who received an eGift certificate get a shipping notification from Samsung first? Or was the eGift certificate the first thing you heard from Samsung. I just received an email that my order was shipped and the tracking shows it will be delivered tomorrow, but there is no sign of an eGift certificate. I'm wondering if I should contact Samsung and ask about it..

I got the shipping notification at about 11am and the eGift at about 6pm today. I didn't ask for it, they just sent it. In my opinion it doesn't hurt to ask.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site

I got the email with the certificate beforehand.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that I would put all the blame on Samsung for the delivery issues. Yes, it's a HUGE inconvenience if you took off from work and then to find out you didn't get your delivery. However, a lot of the blame falls on the company that handled the distribution and shipping, I hope Samsung considers not using them in future. You also have to think that this 3rd party company Samsung used spent a whole lot of money upgrading all those shipments to overnight and then the folks who are getting their phones today, shipping was upgraded to overnight before noon or 10:30am, that is really expensive.

When the Note 8 is released, I hope they think really hard about this whole pre-order process, they should also not wait until 2 days before the "promised" deadline to ship thousands of phones. I think this comes down to Samsung choosing the lowest bidder for distribution and shipping, maybe next time, they choose the 3rd party with the best track record.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. I mean this isn't the iPhone 7. I also doubt they will run out of stock like Apple does. One good thing about Samsung is generally they produce enough devices to go around. I sometimes think Apple does that on purpose.
Absolutely, that's an old marketing hook!

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else still not gotten any tracking information or emails from Samsung? I have not gotten anything from them at all. I ordered the S8+ and Immersion bundle on the 30th. I have had my card pre-authorized twice and order status is still "Preparing Order for Shipment". My fedex account shows no pending shipments and searching on order# returns nothing. It is obvious I am not going to be receiving it today either.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else still not gotten any tracking information or emails from Samsung?
I would definitely give them a call and raise hell. Hey at least they can't give you the same canned answer that your phone will be delivered by 4/20! Although they could just claim that it will be delivered today.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
received mine yesterday at 10AM, placed my order on 4/1. Only received the "shipping" email from samsung on the 19th at 10 pm. i received the phone and the whole bundle.

So far happy with the phone.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that I would put all the blame on Samsung for the delivery issues. Yes, it's a HUGE inconvenience if you took off from work and then to find out you didn't get your delivery. However, a lot of the blame falls on the company that handled the distribution and shipping, I hope Samsung considers not using them in future. You also have to think that this 3rd party company Samsung used spent a whole lot of money upgrading all those shipments to overnight and then the folks who are getting their phones today, shipping was upgraded to overnight before noon or 10:30am, that is really expensive.

When the Note 8 is released, I hope they think really hard about this whole pre-order process, they should also not wait until 2 days before the "promised" deadline to ship thousands of phones. I think this comes down to Samsung choosing the lowest bidder for distribution and shipping, maybe next time, they choose the 3rd party with the best track record.

It is definitely Samsung's fault. First, don't advertise that if you place an order before April 17th you are guaranteed to get the phone by April 20th. That was a dumbass move on their part. Second, they are the one's who picked the distribution company to handle it. Why spend billions of dollars on advertising and then have a ****ty distribution process. They should fire whoever is in charge of distribution. My phone just got here FINALLY. I was going to refuse delivery but then decided why cut off my nose to spite my face.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

While I mostly agree, we are doing business with Samsung and giving our money to them. I don't care who they choose as long as they keep us up to date on order/deliver on time and provide good customer service. I think it's completely fair to blame Samsung for this and every time you think they will fix this but no same drama.

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with support. They said even though I ordered on 3/30 and was promised 4/20, I will likely get it sometime next Mon or Tues as it has still not shipped. Also said I will get a $50 gift cert in the next 3-5 business days. I am pretty much speechless at this point.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with support. They said even though I ordered on 3/30 and was promised 4/20, I will likely get it sometime next Mon or Tues as it has still not shipped. Also said I will get a $50 gift cert in the next 3-5 business days. I am pretty much speechless at this point.

I would be livid. I'm pissed because I had to kill 2 days. They are making you wait 5 or 6 days. Completely irresponsible on Samsung's part. I can imagine how pissed you must be

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Sorry man that's just not acceptable. Escalate it to some manager or something since you ordered immediately and that's no way to treat. You better get more than the $50 gift card for making you wait so long.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Can someone confirm if them promising to give you your phone by the 20th was including Canada? I pre-ordered on the 29th, and I never received any sort of tracking information, nor any compensation. All I know is that I was charged a while back. Sorry if its a stupid question lol.