Anyone order from Samsung directly?

SamJKelly

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Nothing here - so I'm asking.. Thanks for update.

Did you ask? Or has anyone else ask when they called? I was told 3-5 business days, but he didn't sound very sure and I could hear him asking someone else what he should tell me. I'm just wondering if anyone else was given a different answer about when to expect the eGift Certificate.

SamJKelly

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Just got off the phone with support. They said even though I ordered on 3/30 and was promised 4/20, I will likely get it sometime next Mon or Tues as it has still not shipped. Also said I will get a $50 gift cert in the next 3-5 business days. I am pretty much speechless at this point.

Sorry, I hadn't seen this post earlier...

jusmisdit

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
The story just keeps getting better. I finally get info from Samsung that something shipped last night so I check fedex and sure enough there's 2 boxes 5lbs each (guessing immersive bundles) and later a 3rd box was added at 3lbs (guessing phones) all shipped priority overnight guaranteed by 10:30am checked this morning and all 3 show out for delivery, by 10:00 still nothing so I check fedex again and now all 3 show that the driver attempted delivery at 9:54 here's the kicker they're being delivered to my work which opens at 8 and there's ALWAYS at least 2 people at the counter and nobody has seen a fedex truck even drive by I don't think either samsung or fedex understand the meaning of GUARANTEE

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Does a new sim card arrive with phone or can i just swap the sim card myself and call it a day?

As long as it's a nano sim card you can just swap it out. if not you will need to get a new SIM from your carrier.

Why doesn't Samsung do what apple does and distribute their products themselves? Might cost a bit more but would provide better service and keep people coming back instead of people ordering from their carriers next time.

jusmisdit

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
The saga that was the S8 pre order has come to its conclusion... now to get my $50 credit 😉

Attachments

• 20170421_115503.jpg
    20170421_115503.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 21

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I just tried calling in to request the $50 credit but after being on hold for 45 minutes had to go to a meeting so bad to hang up. Sent them an email instead, we'll see if it gets answered by an English speaker.

madmax1105

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Strange things continue to happen, I had FedEx tracking for delivery by 10:30am in NYC (working from home today in anticipation of the phone).

At 10:15am I got a delivery exception from FedEx that attempted delivery failed as "Customer not available or business closed"

That is not possible, I live in a doorman building and someone is always at the desk, I checked with the concierge and they said FedEx came twice today and nothing for me.

Called FedEx and all the agent said was they will re-attempt delivery, I kept explaining that there was no first attempt and the information updated is not right --- not sure if they got it though.

Has anyone had similar experience, any suggestions.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I had FedEx say they attempted delivery with the speaker. There's always someone home, so that's bull****. It's why I order things to my parents house.

They delivered it to a guy my dad works with in the other side of town. I'm sure that's not policy.

lawyerkid09

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Got mine today. Phone looks and works great. Micro SD card was dead on arrival though. Won't format. Wouldn't work on the PC either. I'm trying to figure out how to return just that now. By God they better not make me return everything. Also haven't received anything about $50 credit even though my order was late and I ordered Day 1.... I'm not real thrilled with Samsung right now.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
You might have to do it through your account, although on previous phones I've been able to turn it on through the Advanced Calling menu.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I really have no problems with the fingerprint sensor. That's where my finger naturally lays on the back of the phone.

I have long hands thogh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred