Anyone switching from Nexus 5x or other Nexus?

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. I'm a huge fan of Nexus's and Samsung's phones as well. I had the S6 last year, but ditched it for the Nexus 5x(I prefer the smaller size which is why I didn't get the 6p even though it had better specs). The battery life and lag became horrible after the constant updates on the S6 so I got rid of it. Google still hasn't smoothed out the performance on the 5x and it still lags quite often while I'm using it. So I preordered an s7 edge after holding it in hand at best buy, but I'm worried about giving up the on screen home button since I prefer it. I do use an iphone for work so I'm used to hitting a physical button, so I'm thinking I should be fine. Just a little worried about making the switch. Anyone else ditching their Nexus?

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I'm a huge fan of Nexus's and Samsung's phones as well. I had the S6 last year, but ditched it for the Nexus 5x(I prefer the smaller size which is why I didn't get the 6p even though it had better specs). The battery life and lag became horrible after the constant updates on the S6 so I got rid of it. Google still hasn't smoothed out the performance on the 5x and it still lags quite often while I'm using it. So I preordered an s7 edge after holding it in hand at best buy, but I'm worried about giving up the on screen home button since I prefer it. I do use an iphone for work so I'm used to hitting a physical button, so I'm thinking I should be fine. Just a little worried about making the switch. Anyone else ditching their Nexus?

I have a N5X but I won't be ditching it. It's crappy compared to my S6E but I'll hold on to it for a bit longer.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not switching. I'm committing to a swapping relationship with both phones.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Have a 6P but won't be getting rid of it. I love the 6P. Easily the best nexus i've ever owned, only second to the 5, not sure how I feel about my 5x. I love samsung phones though, they are my favorite.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I sold my 128gb 6P on Swappa as well. Just didn't see what all the hype was about. Nexus was a nice phone but I gave up Samsung Pay once, will never do it again....

6P was a tad too big for me as well. Just couldn't deal with the size anymore.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, so much for "timely updates" when they break something as significant as data on your phone.

It does suck that it breaks for AT&T for some reason. So far .. still running strong on T-Mobile for me (no toggles needed).

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It does suck that it breaks for AT&T for some reason. So far .. still running strong on T-Mobile for me (no toggles needed).

My Nexus sat on my night stand since December thinking "Ok, it's google and this is a Nexus so they'll fix it fast". Still isn't fixed so I decided to jump ship and pick up a S7 edge. It's why I'll never not own an iPhone. I trust them more with fixing things fast that MAJORLY hinder the use of your phone (not talking about cosmetic bugs).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus sat on my night stand since December thinking "Ok, it's google and this is a Nexus so they'll fix it fast". Still isn't fixed so I decided to jump ship and pick up a S7 edge. It's why I'll never not own an iPhone. I trust them more with fixing things fast that MAJORLY hinder the use of your phone (not talking about cosmetic bugs).

Yeah -- I don't blame you. If I had that issue I would most likely be swapping phones right now as well. Having an LTE connection is definitely a must in my book. You shouldn't have to keep toggling it on and off to get it.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah -- I don't blame you. If I had that issue I would most likely be swapping phones right now as well. Having an LTE connection is definitely a must in my book. You shouldn't have to keep toggling it on and off to get it.

Is this a common issue? I've got a 6P on AT&T with zero LTE problems. I haven't seen complaints about this on the Nexus 6P forum.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is this a common issue? I've got a 6P on AT&T with zero LTE problems. I haven't seen complaints about this on the Nexus 6P forum.

Posted via the Android Central App

It seems to be. A lot of AT&T users are saying their LTE has gone "sketchy" after the update. Which if it has .. I can't blame them for wanting to find an ultimate solution (like the S7 edge or whichever).

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I had a 6P and am changing over to the Samsung. It's a very nice phone but the camera being a vast improvement, is still lacking and I'm kind of a big picture guy. Plus the deals for buying a s7 or s7 edge are really good.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I liked my former 6P in almost every respect except for the fact that it has an insanely high SAR rating.

rdavenp3

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the 5x and stopped by the T-Mobile store today and looked at the S7 Edge. The phone isn't much larger than the 5x, but the Edge screen was awesome! Even better than my wife's 6P in my opinion. Long store short, I ordered an Edge this evening.