AOSP ROM 4G WiMax Question

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed with sense, 4G can be turned on and stay on standby, without scanning for service. With AOSP, my phone seems to always scan for 4G and it's pretty harsh on the battery. Battery is great if 4g is just on but the constant scanning is getting annoying. Is there anything I can do?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed with sense, 4G can be turned on and stay on standby, without scanning for service. With AOSP, my phone seems to always scan for 4G and it's pretty harsh on the battery. Battery is great if 4g is just on but the constant scanning is getting annoying. Is there anything I can do?

I don't live in a 4G heavy area so i just toggle 4G when i know I'm around it. What ROM are you using that is constantly scanning?

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't live in a 4G heavy area so i just toggle 4G when i know I'm around it. What ROM are you using that is constantly scanning?

Shiftdeck. All AOSP roms did that for me. So thats why you use miui lol

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Shiftdeck. All AOSP roms did that for me. So thats why you use miui lol

Can you not just manually toggle 4G when you know it's in range, rather than leaving it on all the time?

I think I would use MIUI regardless, I'm almost always around wifi. So limited 4G is not a huge deal for me.

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you not just manually toggle 4G when you know it's in range, rather than leaving it on all the time?

I think I would use MIUI regardless, I'm almost always around wifi. So limited 4G is not a huge deal for me.
But you pay an extra 10 bucks a month for it, its such a waste. The only reason I ended up into this type of thing is because I wanted to get the full potential of my phone since im paying like 85 bucks a month for it, which i think is just way too much.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
But you pay an extra 10 bucks a month for it, its such a waste. The only reason I ended up into this type of thing is because I wanted to get the full potential of my phone since im paying like 85 bucks a month for it, which i think is just way too much.

4G used to be Sprints reasoning for the extra $10 a month, but it now applies to all smartphones. So no matter if I'm using my Shift 4G in a limited 4G area or a Blackberry, it's still going to cost me the extra $10. All carriers are expensive now but Sprint is still the cheapest, so i can't complain too much... Especially since I get pretty good coverage.

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
4G used to be Sprints reasoning for the extra $10 a month, but it now applies to all smartphones. So no matter if I'm using my Shift 4G in a limited 4G area or a Blackberry, it's still going to cost me the extra $10. All carriers are expensive now but Sprint is still the cheapest, so i can't complain too much... Especially since I get pretty good coverage.

Yeah you are right. Is it me or is the insurance really dumb? You pay 8$ a month, in the end you need to shell out a 100$ deductible. My friend had a stolen evo, and they gave her a HERO as a replacement! WTH IS THAT!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick