App Recommendation Needed: Slow Phone

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a task killer app on the phone? Did you uninstall any and all battery saving apps?

Which app puts that home button icon in the notification bar? What other apps are putting icons on the notification bar?

I think these two issues may be getting to the root of your problem.

For sure delete anything by facebook. You can get most of the same features from the mobile web version without it tying up so many of the phones resources. Also, delete anything that says it helps battery or cleans up background apps. These are terrible on the phones memory and battery. Any time you start closing down apps in the background for the sake of "Freeing up space" you are forcing your phone to do double work to open them back up.

I don't recognize the app that puts the icons in the notification bar, but they are most likely drawing resources.

Also, if you have gone through and disabled a bunch of the apps, you might want to go back and enable any of them that you are not absolutely sure you know what they do. Even if they are on one of the "Safe to Delete" lists, you may be using an app that needs one of these apps to run correctly. Also, many of the Google apps are tied together in the background, so disabling those can cause unintended hang-ups.

You can always do a full factory reset. Don't add or delete anything. See how it works for a few days. If it's hanging up and running slow with nothing added or taken away, I would think it's a hardware issue.

xdollface8

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Which app puts that home button icon in the notification bar? What other apps are putting icons on the notification bar?

Home App is the Moto Voice saying I'm home and it will read my texts outloud.

The circle is ACR it records calls, but it is currently disabled.

The dots are for sidebar. Which I just deleted.

Posted via the Android Central App

xdollface8

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Is there a task killer app on the phone? Did you uninstall any and all battery saving apps?

I deleted task killer and battery saver apps when they weren't working, just to try and see if there was any difference. There was no real difference.

xdollface8

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I think these two issues may be getting to the root of your problem.

For sure delete anything by facebook. You can get most of the same features from the mobile web version without it tying up so many of the phones resources. Also, delete anything that says it helps battery or cleans up background apps. These are terrible on the phones memory and battery. Any time you start closing down apps in the background for the sake of "Freeing up space" you are forcing your phone to do double work to open them back up.

I don't recognize the app that puts the icons in the notification bar, but they are most likely drawing resources.

Also, if you have gone through and disabled a bunch of the apps, you might want to go back and enable any of them that you are not absolutely sure you know what they do. Even if they are on one of the "Safe to Delete" lists, you may be using an app that needs one of these apps to run correctly. Also, many of the Google apps are tied together in the background, so disabling those can cause unintended hang-ups.

You can always do a full factory reset. Don't add or delete anything. See how it works for a few days. If it's hanging up and running slow with nothing added or taken away, I would think it's a hardware issue.

FB is deleted, apps that save battery or clear space are deleted, sidebar is deleted. I will try the factory reset after work.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Try living without Moto assist. At least the home function. With drive assist at least you can plug in the phone in the car.

Get rid of the call recorder. It won't work anyway.

xdollface8

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't use assist when driving, it doesn't work right with my BT.

I'll disable the home.

ACR works like a charm when needed. It is currently disabled until I can find the problem.

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say it, but mobile operating systems seem to be roughly as mature as say Windows 98 was and the best bet is just to freshen it up with a fresh install.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
A couple of other things to look at:

1. Do you have advanced calling turned on? Does the battery drain less if you turn it off and restart the phone?

2. Sometimes Google sync gets messed up. I'm not sure where exactly you'd see it in settings on the T2, but in the settings app, under accounts, there should be a "Google" option, and you should be able to tap it and look at your Google account(s). It should be able to show if you are having any sync errors with any of the Google services - Gmail, contacts, calendars, Google+, Photos, etc. If you are, this can cause battery drain as the sync keeps re-trying.