AppBrain App Market not updating my apps

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,
My apps in appbrain don't seem to want to update. I can install and uninstall just fine, but when i click update all it looks like it's going to update (the progress bar moves from left to right) but then it never does.

I have to manually update in the stock Market app. Then when I resync Appbrain is current.

I am running 2.2 and the latest version appbrain.

Fast web installer works fine.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
"You can't update in the Appbrain app. If you update an app, it takes you to the Android market to do the update"

Since when? it was working up until a few weeks ago

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiousity, Iooked at this again. It's been a while since I used AppBrain, but when I update an app, I have only one option to update and it says to Update' (in market).

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
it sounds like you need to update the appbrain app itself. They''ve had an "update all" feature for at least the last two our three updates now...

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I see where my confusion was. I have the latest version of AppBrain but I have never used the fast web installer feature. I've always added apps from my phone.

I'll be using this feature in the future.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yep, it's awesome. but not being able to update is annoying. especially since my "frozen" bloatware apps still show up in the stock market. if i use "update all" there it works, but i have to manually stop things like facebook, amazon etc

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i have gone ahead and posted this thread in the Applications section of the forums. I think that's a far more appropriate place for this question.

thanks!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i use AppBrain to keep a list of my installed Apps. but i always only use the official Android Market to install and update Apps.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i use AppBrain to keep a list of my installed Apps. but i always only use the official Android Market to install and update Apps.

yes - that's what i have been forced to do as well. but one thing i don't like about that is i haven't figured out a way to make my "frozen" apps disappear on the stock market app like they do on AppBrain.

It really was great when it worked - i would just hit update all and then ok on the permission changes and everything would be done. faster and more elegant than the stock app which, although similarly featured, is more sluggish and FCs more often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali