Apple online ordering is bad news.

anon(10766205)

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
Last night I went ahead and ordered an iPhone 13 online from the Apple Store. After a long time of research and deliberation, I actually did it. The whole process went without a hitch. Thank you for your order, and all that happy bs. Your order is being processed, and all that bs. To be delivered by courier service tomorrow morning, and all that bs. Well, this morning I checked on the delivery status. Your order has been canceled. No explanation as to why it was canceled. I found out that Apple does that alot. I also read on the store website that they reserve the right to cancel without explanation for whatever reason they feel like. Well, F... me. They act like I am supposed to bow to their ignorant asses. The CUSTOMER is the one that puts money in their pockets, NOT Tim freakin Cook. I wasn't begging them to sell me an iphone. I'm not some desperate kardashian that just HAS to get a new iPhone every week. It was going to be my first apple purchase. Well, it didn't happen. And thanks to them it never will.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear of your issue... But I've never ever had issues with apple store orders either pickup or delivery...always a smooth experience and Including pre-order days.. What is the reason for canceling?

anon(10766205)

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
They didn't give a reason, and I'm not going waste a bunch of time on the phone trying to find out why. Like I said I'm not desperate for an iPhone. I just felt like buying one and learning ios.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
They didn't give a reason, and I'm not going waste a bunch of time on the phone trying to find out why. Like I said I'm not desperate for an iPhone. I just felt like buying one and learning ios.
It's a shame bc tbh Apple ordering is one of the better experiences across manufacturers... It just wasn't meant to be my friend

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Apple, or your bank, may suspect that there is something wrong, so it would be worth phoning to check that.

Not wanting to phone Apple would tend to count as a red flag to them.

I myself failed repeatedly to place an online order to a certain retailer recently. In the end I called the bank customer support, and spoke to a very friendly and helpful woman who, though she could not see the reason for the repeated declined payments, resolved it quickly.

Apple would not necessarily state a reason for cancellation. My own response if that were to happen would be to contact them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry that happened to you! A very similar thing happened to me when I ordered my Google Pixel 5 from the Google Store (and I'd never had a problem ordering from the Google Store). My bank refused to send the money because of 1) suspected fraud (I often don't spend that kind of money and have fraud detection enabled) and 2) it was over my daily alloted amount or something. I called my bank and worked things out, and then the order went without a hitch.

Keep us posted on what happens!