Apple / Samsung Court Ruling

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I also think that Apple's team made a good argument when they said, that the two could confuse people. Especially people who are not very tech savy. I think of how my parents would be if they saw the two devices side by side.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Yeah, cuz that big SAMSUNG logo across the top of the phone just screams Apple, right?

Give me a break...
I can see at a quick glance maybe confusing the two, but tech savy or not, if someone confuses the two to the point where they buy the wrong one, they are just plain stupid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

phillytim

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
People should be mad at COPYSUNG for putting illegal/stolen technology in their hands, knowing that it could be taken away from them at any time.

Don't be mad at APPLE. They paid billions of dollars for all those innovations that COPYSUNG stole (and GOOGLE also, offending on some of its NEXUS products).

If you invested and invented something and patented it, wouldn't you protect it too?

Take your wrath out on COPYSUNG, who knowingly gave you illegal/stolen technology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ry

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? If Apple never existed, android wouldn't either, and we would all be using blackberries and windows mobile. No thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Android came out 2 years before the first iPhone.
How's Android dependent on Apple? Sure iPod was there before iPhone but so was Xoom or whatever the name is

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting how some people insist Samsung didn't and couldn't get a fair trial in the US because of geography, but then turn around and cite the Korean verdict as validation of Samsung's narrative.

Samsung not only copied the phone but apparently managed to turn their customers into its version of "isheep" with just as much rabid bias.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Did I log into "Iknoweverythingabout worldpatentlaws.com" and mistakingly click on the "Samsung v Apple: Expert analysis and insider info here!" thread?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

A little knowledge based on wiki sourced magazine articles is a dangerous thing...

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
People should be mad at COPYSUNG for putting illegal/stolen technology in their hands, knowing that it could be taken away from them at any time.

Don't be mad at APPLE. They paid billions of dollars for all those innovations that COPYSUNG stole (and GOOGLE also, offending on some of its NEXUS products).

If you invested and invented something and patented it, wouldn't you protect it too?

Take your wrath out on COPYSUNG, who knowingly gave you illegal/stolen technology.

Stolen technology? Since when is a round corner technology of any kind? And "copysung"? Sometimes being childish can be excused if it's at least clever. Not the case here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ScandaLeX

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
No, they didn't copy the iPad itself, but there are features on it, which are similar to the iPad, that I think potentially be another suit for Apple. I think that depends on how threatened Apple feels though.

Let's face it guys, the product that is ultimately Apple's life line right now is the iPhone. I think the current leadership at Apple will do whatever they need to try and do in order to maintain that type of lead. If I was one of the shareholders, I think I would expect them as well.

I'd like too know what those features are....I own first and third generation ipads, a Xoom and a N7. Jellybean is so different from ios it ain't funny. No hard buttons. The magnetic close. ..... Maybe. But the ipad has the notify bar which they stole from Android.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The notification bar should be a slam dunk win for Google / moto. Stolen....tsktsktsk!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Care to link the patent for the Android notification bar?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting how some people insist Samsung didn't and couldn't get a fair trial in the US because of geography, but then turn around and cite the Korean verdict as validation of Samsung's narrative.

Samsung not only copied the phone but apparently managed to turn their customers into its version of "isheep" with just as much rabid bias.

People will believe whatever is needed to support their claims, regardless of right or wrong.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Let's take a show of hands: Who here wishes Apple never existed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Everyone should totally wish fr less competition. They should also wish that we had stayed with smartphones that looked like Blackberry. Yep, less competition and no Apple would be a great place for tech.

/sarcasm

Apple is dying...dyspnea....grasping for straws...coughing up blood, pulmonary edema...how else can I put it?

Dying by making more money year after year, by coming up with products that people buy year after year.

Man, if that's dying... all companies could only hope for such a fate.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Dying by making more money year after year, by coming up with products that people buy year after year.

Man, if that's dying... all companies could only hope for such a fate.

Glad there's an ignore button. Don't need to see irrelevant drunk posts. :)

Reactions: Johnly

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
While they make good products, they have shot their foot. I never said they haven't been successful, but in the next two years you can watch them decline. Again, I said it first. Oye

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate apple, don't know how else to put it.

That, right there, is the best way to put it.

Saying that they're dying is not, since it isn't factually true. You might want them to die, a lot of people do, but it likely won't be happening for another ten years.

And yes, all companies fade with time. Some fade quicker than others, but nothing lasts forever. Even Google will cease to be someday.

Reactions: Johnly

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That, right there, is the best way to put it.

Saying that they're dying is not, since it isn't factually true. You might want them to die, a lot of people do, but it likely won't be happening for another ten years.

And yes, all companies fade with time. Some fade quicker than others, but nothing lasts forever. Even Google will cease to be someday.

Of course there is not evidence of that. Wow did my previous statements get the girls panties in a wad or what lol. They will decline though, Samsung plays well and so does many others. Apple is not being nice, and they are burning bridges....watch as they reduce themselves to lower quality manufactures for partnerships and watch their product decline....it is inevitable...