Apple's injunction on the Nexus; UN hosting mobile patent talks.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Apple lands preliminary ban against Samsung Galaxy Nexus."

Google better get it's ass in gear and protect Android or they are in for a world of hurt.

That I mean I'm not really all to worried because I do like WP8 but still. With WP8 I can still access all my Google services and even if there isn't one I'm sure in 2 years it will be available. In the end if Android does disappear it served the purpose of giving an alternative to Apple crap till MS got it's act together.

Also if the US would rather ban advanced technology, I wouldn't be surprised to find that advanced tech from these companies being sold to lesser developed countries who are willing to buy and support the tech. That would be entertaining the current top tech giants stop progressing and the rest of the world catches up and perhaps passes them by. Doubt it'll happen but would be interesting to see.

css0999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Apple is just jelous because Samsung sold more Galaxy S3s just on preorder than Apple sold 4s's. So Apple is trying to hurt Android'd profits by firing down Samsung, because Samsung is innovating like never before, and released their newest amazing phone out on 5 different carriers. A lot of people I know are dropping their iPhones for that new SGS3. Apple, Google could knock you out just because of that notification bar. Back it up, Apple. Samsung even makes most of your parts. Apple better hope they have a long term contract with Samsung/Google, because if they dropped Apple.............. :eek:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Huh? The fact that normal people can't think of revolutionary developments brought forth recently by the iPhone means that people and businesses would rather sue each other than develop better products? I'm sorry, but there seems to be quite a leap in logic here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yea its a leap but it is logical. Maybe I didn't make my point fully clear and I apologize.

The fact that an average everyday person who would be the one who walks into a store and buys an iPhone just on the name of the product and the brand couldn't tell me what drew them in aside from its an iPhone. Apple knows this and they know this well and if they can get away with it, why bother change anything?

In today's day and age its much easier to sue someone, and even if you are wrong who cares you don't loose anything. So instead of making something better than the next phone to keep that appeal, someone can sue and hopefully stop whatever the next thing is so they can stay on top.

Again, its a big leap... just my opinion of what they are doing.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Apple is just jelous because Samsung sold more Galaxy S3s just on preorder than Apple sold 4s's. So Apple is trying to hurt Android'd profits by firing down Samsung, because Samsung is innovating like never before, and released their newest amazing phone out on 5 different carriers. A lot of people I know are dropping their iPhones for that new SGS3. Apple, Google could knock you out just because of that notification bar. Back it up, Apple. Samsung even makes most of your parts. Apple better hope they have a long term contract with Samsung/Google, because if they dropped Apple.............. :eek:

Different divisions of Samsung. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't understand this.

Reactions: Ry

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I'd blame Apple for patenting such abstract and vague features such as 'slide to unlock' and 'word suggestions as you type' while I'd also blame the patent system for allowing such crap to happen. Hopefully Motorola will avoid litigious retribution, I'm looking forward to their flagship phone once my contract on the Razr goes out.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
In the end if Android does disappear it served the purpose of giving an alternative to Apple crap till MS got it's act together.

Yup. And if that's the case its back to a tracphone for me. No way I'm paying $100+ a month for a I device. I'll just use the gnex on WiFi.

Sent from my Jellybeaned Gnex

Reactions: Reno Skyy

jackkelly96

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm probably just being really stupid, but is it possible to sue someone over the design of an open source project? For instance, the notification bar, can Google sue over that?

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

This is the most idiotic thing ive ever seen! why would the judge ever entertain something like that? She has to see that Apple just wants to eliminate there competition (as usual). :(

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
424a12e2-b628-bee0.jpg

Tapatalk Sent from the Future

Reactions: sicario666 and EJT

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Underhanded and low

I'm seriously thinking about eliminating all Apple products from my household (and I am a huge Apple computer fan)

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com

First thing that popped in my head after seeing the prelim ban. Very quick and dirty, so forgive the 2 minute PS job on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones