[?]Applied VC VIA OTA, How do I root?

thekid

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i have read so many pages on how to root over the last 2 weeks but am so confused now. i want to turn up my CPU to make my stock android run faster, so what do i need to do. i have done the OTA update, here is my version
model--ls670
android version 2.2.1
baseband--ls670mvc_60401001
build number--zvc
sw version---ls670zvc

can someone point me in the right direction on rooting this thing. i dont know alot about computers but i can follow directions, i think

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Rooting is not as tricky as I thought it was when I got on here a month or so ago. It’s like when you balance on something that is a few inches from the ground and it’s not complicated. Take that same object and put it a few feet off the ground and it seems so much more complex because the consequences are worse. If you follow the directions in the “Rooting the LG Optimus S with software version LS670ZVC” post that Zefie and Drew put together it is really easy. If you have any questions you can hit me up as much as you want and I will try to answer anything I can. When you are done rooting your gonna question why you thought it was so hard in the first place.

Reactions: thekid

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i have read so many pages on how to root over the last 2 weeks but am so confused now. i want to turn up my CPU to make my stock android run faster, so what do i need to do. i have done the OTA update, here is my version
model--ls670
android version 2.2.1
baseband--ls670mvc_60401001
build number--zvc
sw version---ls670zvc

can someone point me in the right direction on rooting this thing. i dont know alot about computers but i can follow directions, i think

I sent you a reply to the PM you sent me, but didn't receive any reply from you. If you updated the OTA way, rooting is impossible. You need to revert to V9, and use the LG Mobile update tool to update to ZVC. Second link in my signature.

Reactions: thekid

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Might wanna change thread title to something more specific to what the actual issue(s) are.. can get more/better help and help someone with similar issue

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If the help you required was with naming the thread to accurately describe the issue, you're all set now ;)

In the future if you could help me by using accurate thread titles it would be much appreciated. I'm sure this same question will come up in the future by a different person and there's little to no chance that person is going to search for "need help". If we all do our part to search, read, search, read then post accurately described posts when necessary, it helps keep information organized.

Good luck with the rooting.

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If the help you required was with naming the thread to accurately describe the issue, you're all set now ;)

In the future if you could help me by using accurate thread titles it would be much appreciated. I'm sure this same question will come up in the future by a different person and there's little to no chance that person is going to search for "need help". If we all do our part to search, read, search, read then post accurately described posts when necessary, it helps keep information organized.

Good luck with the rooting.
Being that he is new I’m sure he probably wouldn’t have even gotten close to the title you put up… then again anything is better than needs help!! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasrulawal026