Apps worth paying for?

A

AC Question

So I just received a promotional gift of £50 Google Play Credit for buying my Nexus 6P a while back. Struggling to see any apps worth using the money on in the Store but may just be blinkered after years of using free versions.

Any advice on where to spend this credit? Movies/books are a no go as I Netflix everything anyway.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I use my credits for gems a lot in Clash of Clans. Nova Prime is a must. I also go out of my way to support developers on the apps I use, sometimes even if I don't even need the extra features.

Most of my money on Play comes from Google Opinion Rewards ... another must have app. Oh, if you like GTA grab it. I had some extra credits and tried it out, I think it was $5 or something. Well worth it though. Was really shocked how awesome it is.

gmalvim

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Man, I wish you good luck with shopping. In my Android life I've spent over $1000 so far (my currency, today 1/4 usd but it was 1/1 someday in the past unfortunately), 219 items purchased, so many good stuff. Use the app drippler to browse good stuff. 1452366982076.jpg:-$:-$:-$:-$

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hitman sniper has been occupying my time lately. Universal remote is great if you're into playing media from a laptop to a TV. It's also great for devices with or without an ir blaster.

Kid1da

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
+1 for nova launcher. Backdrops is a great app for wallpapers (they have a wallpaper of the day which is nice). Weather timeline if you care about the weather. There's so many icon packs, too many to name, but a few I personally like are cornie, evo and immaterialis. Light flow too if you want to control the 6p led.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Solid explorer. dont have to put up with ugly and featureless file manager apps. ES explorer is the popular but they are not totally material and filled with bloatware.

Localcast,light flow

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime, Asteroid Defense (paid version), Framed, Age of Zombies, (these next 3 games play excellent with a Moga controller) Tomb Raider, Oddworlds' Strangers Wrath, and Munch's Odyssey, and these icon packs: Balx, Retrorika, Imaterialis, Proton-S, Stealth, Vintage, Pulse, or ANY icon pack from Stealthychief, or some from PhunktasticDesigns and Sikebo, a subscription to Play music, MySMS text app which has the best features of any text app I've seen for simplicity, customization and reply options, can work on your PC, tablet, or phone and its free if you just want it on your phone. Has everything you need in a text app and works excellent with Android Wear all while not missing a single feature. And maybe a couple good movies, books or graphic novels (like The Walking Dead compendiums 1, 2, & 3) course when I bought the first two compendiums they were only $5 and $8. Anyways, just examples- good luck

Posted via the GS6 Active, aka GS6 M.E. (Manly Edition)

Last edited:

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The Room
The Room 2
The Room 3 (slated to be released within the week)
Monument Valley
The Silent Age (IAP for episode 2 - worth it)

Action Launcher 3 (Pro + Donate)
Nova Launcher Prime
Smart Launcher 3 Pro
(All are worth it)
Tapet Premium
Tasker
Textra Pro

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you listen to podcasts? PocketCasts is an app I use several times a day.

Do you use swiftkey? I try to buy a theme every few months just to support the developer a bit.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Paid for Nine. Definitely worth it if you want to put your work email on your phone. But my company made us switch to Airwatch. :/

Paid to get rid of ads in games like Words With Friends and tools like Ampere. Ends up being worth it.

Paid for AccuWeather and Pocket Casts.

With apps like Google Opinion Rewards and bonus offers from Chromecast, it makes it easy to kick a few bucks to developers that make apps you use on a daily basis.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc