Are failure rates on Google's devices really really bad?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi Everyone. As the title states are the failure rates on google devices crazy high? I originally got a google pixel XL 1 for free after the battery issues the original Nexus 6P was having. After pixels failure rates of my pixels have been crazy high. I've had to replace it 3 times in a very short period for internal speaker thats used for phone calls failed (i could hear people's voice but they couldn't hear mine). Now last night i go unlock my phone and i see the following error message on the lock screen
"fingerprint hardware not available"

so i reboot the phone and the fingerprint settings even disappears from the settings menu. I call google support and they come to the conclusion its hardware failure.

I don't abuse my devices at all and if you look at my current pixel there isn't a scratch on it. This fall it looks like i will need a new device (i'm using an old device i had laying around the house for now). I much prefer android but if i can't get a google experience device then i will got back to IOS (i want updates). Samsung have beautiful hardware but i want updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174