Are headphones included with the HTC 10? [Varies by region]

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge HTC fan but this has me ready to cancel my order as well.
I believe that I, as the customer, dictate success of companies with my cash.
They do things RIGHT, They get my MONEY.

They mislead you and change what you are given... They do NOT get my money!

I mean what reasonable recourse do we have as the consumer?

I sent my GS7 Edge back last month because of the locked bootloader. Now, this...

What phone do I get now??

Posted via the Android Central App

I understand where you are coming from and I too felt aggrevated at first. I've calmed down since :) I pre-ordered so I got the $100 discount plus the Uh oh protection. I do actually have decent head phones so not a deal breaker. In addition, I could always take the $100 discount and use that towards those head phones, still cheaper than an S7.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I understand where you are coming from and I too felt aggrevated at first. I've calmed down since :) I pre-ordered so I got the $100 discount plus the Uh oh protection. I do actually have decent head phones so not a deal breaker. In addition, I could always take the $100 discount and use that towards those head phones, still cheaper than an S7.
Yea, I would have pre-ordered last week if the phones were free but got irked and put it off. Went to pre-order yesterday and saw they're collecting tax so I put it off again. lol
I'm going to see if I can hold-out until I can try it in-person but now that some of the less biased reviews are coming out I'm realizing there's really no other phone right now that can compare to this, for me, so it's just a matter of me calculating where I'll be able to get the best deal in the next two weeks. Pre-ord, even w/ tax, might be my best bet.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I would have pre-ordered last week if the phones were free but got irked and put it off. Went to pre-order yesterday and saw they're collecting tax so I put it off again. lol
I'm going to see if I can hold-out until I can try it in-person but now that some of the less biased reviews are coming out I'm realizing there's really no other phone right now that can compare to this, for me, so it's just a matter of me calculating where I'll be able to get the best deal in the next two weeks. Pre-ord, even w/ tax, might be my best bet.

Were you expecting to not pay taxes?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This. Taxes are a guaranteed apart of life. If I do somehow not get taxed I just count that as luck since I guess they're shipping from somewhere they don't have to tax me but I definitely do not expect to NOT pay taxes.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless you live in a state that doesn't have sales tax, you'll be taxed on pretty much everything you buy whether online or in a brick and mortar store.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Unless you live in a state that doesn't have sales tax, you'll be taxed on pretty much everything you buy whether online or in a brick and mortar store.
Not my experience at all, see below.
I was surprised because I pay tax on less than 10% of the things I buy online, and those 10% are almost all places that have an operation in my state (including Amazon). I order items from all over the US, to the tune of several thousand a month between biz and personal and I find that very few companies apply tax if they do not operate in my state. Maybe it's because I order more online, from more places than most people, but to see tax added is the exception to the rule in my experience. Also, I, as a business owner, and am not required to collect tax from my customers throughout the US. Only in my state.

Before this goes into some sort of tax vs anti-tax thing, let me state that I'm not speaking out against taxes.

To help clarify for some; "Different State Sales
If you are in a different state from your customer, you do not need to collect sales tax from that person unless you have a physical presence in that state, but check to be sure your state has not enacted legislation, as mentioned above, to require sales taxes if you have an affiliate or solicitor in that state."
http://biztaxlaw.about.com/od/businesstaxes/f/onlinesalestax.htm

Last edited:

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a huge HTC fan but this has me ready to cancel my order as well.
I believe that I, as the customer, dictate success of companies with my cash.
They do things RIGHT, They get my MONEY.

They mislead you and change what you are given... They do NOT get my money!

I mean what reasonable recourse do we have as the consumer?

I sent my GS7 Edge back last month because of the locked bootloader. Now, this...

What phone do I get now??

LOL...... I am sorry this was funny .. I felt the same way about wanting to cancel my order due to no headphones but to see the comments above no words lol..

rickd88

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Not a bad plan at all!

I wanted the M8 on the release day and wasn't able to get on that first day and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I did purchase the phone, but still wanted the Christmas morning experience...
So, I finally filled that hole in my heart by buying the GS7 on day one. Actually ordered before day one but received on that Friday.

Just to find out no root and bootloader locked down TIGHT.

So I returned and swore I would not do that again.

Well that lasted for what, a couple weeks? I did same **** again and ordered this as soon as I received word about unlocked bootloader.

Just to find out that 12 month interest free financing switched to 6 months and headphones included switched to Nada!

Stupid to not wait. smh

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know a good email address at HTC that we can send our frustration to in regards to being the only region without the headphones?

Their webpage only has online chat or call us. Might be able to put some pressure on them prior to shipping :)

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Are the HTC earbuds ( that we won't be getting ) that good. The reviews touched on them, but are they worth purchasing?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know a good email address at HTC that we can send our frustration to in regards to being the only region without the headphones?

Their webpage only has online chat or call us. Might be able to put some pressure on them prior to shipping :)

I say email Jason McKenzie.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Take to twitter dude if everyone floods that twitter page that is glowing right now they will have to respond with why this choice was made, Look at what everyone did on LG's page and then they responded concerning the plastic feeling G5 so let's do this take it to HTC TWITTER NOW lets goooooo

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I just sent like 10 Tweets to them them asking for a direct response or else I will spread the word to folks not to order and cancel my own order. As I want the real reason as to why they left this market out. I just want a answer if it is FCC related then say that if it is you just down't like America say that dammit . but give me an answer since I gave you my money without even holding, playing with or touching the daum phone. So I if can trust HTC like this respect me and give me a real answer. Lets see how they respond as they have been great at replaying to tweets over the last few days.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Take to twitter dude if everyone floods that twitter page that is glowing right now they will have to respond with why this choice was made, Look at what everyone did on LG's page and then they responded concerning the plastic feeling G5 so let's do this take it to HTC TWITTER NOW lets goooooo

I don't use twitter.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just sent like 10 Tweets to them them asking for a direct response or else I will spread the word to folks not to order and cancel my own order. As I want the real reason as to why they left this market out. I just want a answer if it is FCC related then say that if it is you just down't like America say that dammit . but give me an answer since I gave you my money without even holding, playing with or touching the daum phone. So I if can trust HTC like this respect me and give me a real answer. Lets see how they respond as they have been great at replaying to tweets over the last few days.

I would definitely give them a chance to respond. Jumping in and threatening them right off the bat when you ask a question usually isn't the best way to get good customer service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick