Are you dumping your S8 / S8 Plus when the Note 8 comes out?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I will definitely look into it. My biggest thing is battery life. If Samsung can optimize the Note 8 to have as good of battery life as my S8+ using a rumored smaller battery then I'd be more apt to switch. But if battery life is not on par with my S8+ I doubt I will switch.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope... I'm good! I'm sure the Note 8 will be awesome and congrats for folks who switch to it, but I'm very satisfied with my phone.

J

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if the cameras are significantly better. otherwise the V30 looks interesting and what I've been looking for. (I want a bigger G6)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to take what I learned with the 8+ and apply to Note 8: I'll wait until I can get my hands on it at Best Buy and compare that way. When the 8+ came put, our Los Best Buy had them on display before my tmobile carrier stores did. If it's taller but 0% wider...wrll that's just silly.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It will probably be the same height-ish and a little wider.... just personal opinion. I am going to touch one in store and depending on the specs I am not sure if I am going to jump on one.

Especially at rumored $1000....

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It will probably be the same height-ish and a little wider.... just personal opinion. I am going to touch one in store and depending on the specs I am not sure if I am going to jump on one.

Especially at rumored $1000....
Apparently the N8 is same width, but taller than 8+. Catch the black bar fevah'! ;)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I bet the majority of you will. I'm thinking the Note 8 will be less curvy which is better for some who find it annoying. The Note 7 was almost a success if it wasn't for that battery issue. Who else is looking forward to it? What are you gonna do with your S8?

Edit: my guesstimate for retail price is $849.99 - $879.99. The S8 Plus was $849.99. Who knows, it might even cost more than that and I think people are still willing to shell out money for it like last year.

As I said in a previous thread I doubt I'd leave my s8+ for my note 8 since the note line has the same specs as the s line.

If, and I doubt I will, I'll keep my s8+ around as a backup. It's a great phone. No problems and I love bixby. It understands well and the best part is you can train, correct and give feedback. Other assistants need this. Especially Siri.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
As I said in a previous thread I doubt I'd leave my s8+ for my note 8 since the note line has the same specs as the s line.

If, and I doubt I will, I'll keep my s8+ around as a backup. It's a great phone. No problems and I love bixby. It understands well and the best part is you can train, correct and give feedback. Other assistants need this. Especially Siri.
Lady at work has an iPhone. She was discussing work reports with her boss when her Siri randomly blurted out "you should go on a diet".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000