Are you dumping your S8 / S8 Plus when the Note 8 comes out?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I bet the majority of you will. I'm thinking the Note 8 will be less curvy which is better for some who find it annoying. The Note 7 was almost a success if it wasn't for that battery issue. Who else is looking forward to it? What are you gonna do with your S8?

Edit: my guesstimate for retail price is $849.99 - $879.99. The S8 Plus was $849.99. Who knows, it might even cost more than that and I think people are still willing to shell out money for it like last year.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While I normally like the Note series I doubt this time I will go with it. Just purely for money purposes. We shall see though .. hard to judge on a phone that hasn't been really shown yet.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well I have the 8+ and Note 5. . I'll have to check it out and see. Im a very hard core Note fan so it'll be hard to resist. I may drop one of those 2 phones for it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I have the 8+ and Note 5. . I'll have to check it out and see. Im a very hard core Note fan so it'll be hard to resist. I may drop one of those 2 phones for it.

Loved my Note 3, and the Note 4 which I missed out on. Can't wait to see what's in store. I miss using the legendary S Pen!

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely!

I had a S8+, then a BlackBerry Keyone and now back on a regular S8 until the Note 8 comes out.

C'mon Note 8!!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I might... some how when I purchased my S8+ preorder I got it for about $612, so I would only have to pay about $125 in 3 months when the Note goes up for sale to upgrade. If I wait 8 months I can upgrade with no payment. :)

I might even sell the S8+ before the Note 8 drops to get top dollar. I have the G6 that I got when it was on sale for $290 as a backup phone. I could just use that for a month or so and beat all the other people that sell their phones if I can get more than the full payoff amount.

Capture.JPG

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Just for the fact i'd need to cash out over 500$ to get a note 8 answer is no.

Maybe i'd like to get one since i've been a note fan forever but yeah unless i win the lotto i don't think that'll happen.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Depends on the size and feel of it. I didn't care for the size of the 8+ so I don't know that I'll like the size of the Note 8 either since it's probably going to be a tad bigger. If they go a bit wider it will help but I really don't want taller.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just for the fact i'd need to cash out over 500$ to get a note 8 answer is no.

Maybe i'd like to get one since i've been a note fan forever but yeah unless i win the lotto i don't think that'll happen.
I would need about $220 to be able to jump from one of my phones if it were available today. If it's still a few months away, that amount will probably be closer to 150

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I would need about $220 to be able to jump from one of my phones if it were available today. If it's still a few months away, that amount will probably be closer to 150
Well I'd have cancel my contract, pay the rest of my phone to then pay whatever the note would cost here which equates to over 500$ in canada =/

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I might... some how when I purchased my S8+ preorder I got it for about $612, so I would only have to pay about $125 in 3 months when the Note goes up for sale to upgrade. If I wait 8 months I can upgrade with no payment. :)

I might even sell the S8+ before the Note 8 drops to get top dollar. I have the G6 that I got when it was on sale for $290 as a backup phone. I could just use that for a month or so and beat all the other people that sell their phones if I can get more than the full payoff amount.

View attachment 262447

Bestbuy is known to mess things up (price wise) when it comes to that stuff haha.