Ask Phil about the EVO 3D

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Internal Storage Space

Phil,

Can you confirm whether the Green Hornet 3D movie is being stored on the 8GB SD card or the 4GB internal flash memory?

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
(samsung gsii plays mkv natively I believe).

It does? Damn, why am I even considering this phone anymore? Is it because I owned the Instinct and would be a fool to buy another Samsung? :)

By the way, isn't your real question... "Will the Evo3D play full bluray rip MKV bit torrents that I download without me having to compress them in another program first?"

LexInHouston

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Phil,
First off, thanks for all your hard work, there's a reason AC is my go-to site for Android news.What I want to know is, since many of us are coming from the Evo 4G, will you be comparing features of the two in your full review? I'm specifically wondering about call quality, both incoming and outgoing, and photo and video quality.

If it's not something that you will be including in your review, do you think you could post a quick thought on how you'd compare the call quality, and maybe a pic of the same item taken from both phones. Anything would be great on those two fronts. Thanks!

Jeratain

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Phil, thank you for the very thorough preview you've done so far and I look forward to reading your review. I know you mentioned that you're "blind as a bat" but was hoping you could tell me:

How do you think the qHD SLCD screen compares to the Nexus S 4G's SAMOLED screen? I'm torn between these two devices and it's mostly boiling down to the screen for me.

Thank you!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Watch the unboxing, as Phil mentioned earlier. It showed slightly over 1.0GB available (barely more than the EVO) with an interesting utility to - apparently - clear the cache for more space, though that won't last more than a few days, if that.

Umm... are you kidding me??? "Barely" more than the Evo? "wont last more than a few days, if that"

Yaa... youre way off dude. First of all considering most apps are only about 5mb's, 1+GB is MORE than enough. Secondly, I have my Evo's SD card partitioned with 1GB. I use the DarkTremor A2SD where basically the ENTIRE app goes to the SD card. I currently have 121 apps and I still have just over 700MBs.. So ya.. thats PLENTY of space.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Umm... are you kidding me??? "Barely" more than the Evo? "wont last more than a few days, if that"

Yaa... youre way off dude. First of all considering most apps are only about 5mb's, 1+GB is MORE than enough. Secondly, I have my Evo's SD card partitioned with 1GB. I use the DarkTremor A2SD where basically the ENTIRE app goes to the SD card. I currently have 121 apps and I still have just over 700MBs.. So ya.. thats PLENTY of space.

ha ha ... Hey Jerzy ... Where the hell have you been ... Have you decided to join the upgrade revolution or just decided to step over to the other side of the tracks for today?

Germian

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you compare the battery of the HTC Sensation and the HTC Evo 3D? Could you theoretically fit the E3Ds battery into the Sensation?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
ha ha ... Hey Jerzy ... Where the hell have you been ... Have you decided to join the upgrade revolution or just decided to step over to the other side of the tracks for today?

lol whats good man! Ya Im definitely gonna upgrade. I can care less about the 3D part. Its a solid upgrade. Much better processor, way faster, better picture and WAY better video quality, great battery, list goes on. Hopefully HTC does hold their promise and unlocks the bootloader because I can't even wrap my head around how crazy fast a VaelPak and Cyanogen ROM would be on this thing.

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Can you test wifi signal strength compared to the EVO 4G? That is one of my biggest complaints on my phone. The wifi antenna is so weak.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
How much of the internal memory is available for apps and users access?

internalstorage.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen