AT&T: 4.4.2 KitKat, 165.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X: Still no 4.4.2 on AT&T

If anyone is tired of waiting, like I was yesterday, someone on XDA pulled the update file off of their phone and uploaded it. The first post in the thread has the download link, third post has flashing instructions.

This is the exact same file AT&T/Moto are providing
You do not need root
You do not need an unlocked bootloader

Here you go:At&t moto x 4.4.2 ota link - xda-developers

(Bootloader locked & unrooted) If I sideload this OTA, future OTA updates should still work flawlessly, right?

Last edited:

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

(Bootloader locked & unrooted) If I sideload this OTA, future OTA updates should still work flawlessly, right?

Yup its the same as receiving the OTA download, you are just installing it yourself rather than waiting for it

-Nexus 10-

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes. This is the exact same file that the OTA is, and it is being installed through the same method the OTA would install. The only difference is you are initiating it manually instead of waiting for the update notification.

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

As another option, David Schuster has been giving updates on Google+ and had mentioned last Thursday that this would be available via the pull method on the 21st. He has since updated again saying this will now be available tomorrow (25th).

Edit: David works at Motorola and has also posted updates for other carriers in the past.

Sent from my Moto X

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Yep i got the notification also this morning, but still didn't update as I am seeing mixed reviews, so will hold off a little.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Got the update this morning in DFW. The update was quick and trouble free. I promptly disabled Isis.

Sent from my Moto X!

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I received my update this morning too. I also noticed under settings.....security, there is an option for owner info. This let's you change the lock screen message. Didn't notice this option before...

Posted via Motorola Motox

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I received my update this morning too. I also noticed under settings.....security, there is an option for owner info. This let's you change the lock screen message. Didn't notice this option before...

Posted via Motorola Motox
I'm almost positive that option was there before.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

What portion of the update is most important to you?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

uh. location still doesn't matter folks.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Installed here this morning no problem. Looks like I'm seeing better battery life but maybe I just used the phone less today, time will tell. Maybe it's just my phone but it definitely feels faster or snappier.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia