AT&T Next?

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I still have just over a year left on my contract, but I am eligible for the Next upgrade and was considering jumping to Next, but I'm not real sure how much it's going to raise my monthly bill. I'm paying close to $100 right now monthly. Would I just be adding the full retail price divided by 20 or 26? Or is my math and understanding of Next wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via HTC One GPe

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. Next just has you pay full retail over the course of time.

Check with AT&T as they are suppose to knock some off your monthly bill when you go to AT&T Next.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Check with AT&T as they are suppose to knock some off your monthly bill when you go to AT&T Next.

HE's correct but if you already changed your plan you may already be paying that lower amount even if you are in a 2 year agreement. (If the plan was changed to the new share plans.)

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys.

May wind up going with Next. Will wait and check out the S5 and new HTC One. Leaning toward a Note 3 though.

Posted via HTC One GPe

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

If you go with Next, what happens to the rest of the payments for the phone? What happens if you switch phones after 12-14 months? Thanks.:confused:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you go with Next, what happens to the rest of the payments for the phone? What happens if you switch phones after 12-14 months? Thanks.:confused:

As long as they get it back and you upgrade you ow nothing. Otherwise you will continue to pay it until its paid off. Then you can keep it and do what you wish with it.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The 20 month plan let's you trade in at 12 months, the 26 month plan is 18 month trade in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible for the Next upgrade as well for my wife and me. I went in to look at my options after my wife dropped her phone to see if we should upgrade or pay to get her phone repaired. It turns out that by upgrading to a 10GB, 18 month plan for us with the most expensive phone that I saw (HTC One M8), it would end up being a couple dollars cheaper than my current 2 year contract in which we only get 4GB and have to pay the $200 up front for a top end phone. I think we are going to do it even though I am very happy with my HTC One M7. I might end up keeping that as my primary device and just bench whatever brand new phone I upgrade to.