AT&T Note 9 Not Updating

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I try this all the time. It has never worked. Now I just wait until the files get uploaded here.
I agree mustang7757 is awesome ( so is Ruben) . He and Ruben helped get me off of the July security in December and they helped get me to pie with the January security. Me and January are friends for now. Lol

Thank you, you guys/girls are great here also .
And Ruben been very helpful shout out to him.

Megan McIntsoh

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
I want to thank mustang and Ruben for the help. I got up to January! But the current SPL is March and soon to be April. Does anyone know how to get current?? Here is a screen shot of my device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190403-202103_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190403-202103_Settings.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 17

John Oliver1

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say thank you. My Note9 was also still on October's Security update. I'm with AT&T and have not been getting any updates. When I checked my software update it to said that I was up to date. I checked on their website and it was saying that the current operating version of Android was Pie, which of course had not downloaded.

I followed your instructions in downloading the security patches to my SD card and installing them and I am now updated. I really like Pie.

Thanks again for posting your easy to follow instructions.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just want to say thank you. My Note9 was also still on October's Security update. I'm with AT&T and have not been getting any updates. When I checked my software update it to said that I was up to date. I checked on their website and it was saying that the current operating version of Android was Pie, which of course had not downloaded.

I followed your instructions in downloading the security patches to my SD card and installing them and I am now updated. I really like Pie.

Thanks again for posting your easy to follow instructions.

Glad could help , Enjoy Pie

HeadRushLV

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site
Glad could help , Enjoy Pie

I just used Firmware.Science to update my firmware via SD card because I have been stuck on the July update and it wiped all of my data. I thought it was just going to update the firmware and not wipe all of my data. There was no warning that this would wipe my data. Is there anyway to get it back or am I screwed?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 9 Not Updating

I just used Firmware.Science to update my firmware via SD card because I have been stuck on the July update and it wiped all of my data. I thought it was just going to update the firmware and not wipe all of my data. There was no warning that this would wipe my data. Is there anyway to get it back or am I screwed?
Did you have Samsung cloud on?

HeadRushLV

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site

Why doesn't Android warn before applying the update that it will wipe your data? It's warns you before you select factory reset? Any chance a data recovery software will work?

HeadRushLV

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site

MiniTool claims it can restore data even with a software update, but the phone needs to be rooted. Is there a chance this will actually work? I don't want to root my phone if it won't actually work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Why doesn't Android warn before applying the update that it will wipe your data? It's warns you before you select factory reset? Any chance a data recovery software will work?

Because you coming from July to newer builds , although not supposed to happen it can , same if you get OTA software update if for some reason something happened it can erase your data they always say back your data before updates and major OS

HeadRushLV

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site

Because you coming from July to newer builds , although not supposed to happen it can , same if you get OTA software update if for some reason something happened it can erase your data they always say back your data before updates and major OS

Is there a chance rooting the phone and using MiniTool Android Recovery will be able to recover lost texts and contacts?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Kind of old thread now, but 2 things:

1. AT&T Device Support Centers are usually pretty good. If the phone is branded AT&T, ask your local store where the Device Support Center is, bring it to them and ask if they could please update your phone, since it's not getting updates over the air. (Bring a good book to read - it's first come, first served, they're usually busy, and it can take a while.)

2. @Ruben Ocasio - we have a step-by-step Odin guide - [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Kind of old thread now, but 2 things:

1. AT&T Device Support Centers are usually pretty good. If the phone is branded AT&T, ask your local store where the Device Support Center is, bring it to them and ask if they could please update your phone, since it's not getting updates over the air. (Bring a good book to read - it's first come, first served, they're usually busy, and it can take a while.)

2. @Ruben Ocasio - we have a step-by-step Odin guide - [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

That's a old thread , would not work for the Note 9 , I dont know about Att service center or where one is, but they do have best buy Samsung experience that definitely can get your phone up to latest firmware.