Aug 11th "Official" Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartpatrol

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Is there another Samsung event tomorrow? I thought the big event was today.

Anyway, according to the PCmag hands on, "Sprint didn't announce a price for the Epic, but the company said it would be available later this summer."

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there another Samsung event tomorrow? I thought the big event was today.

Anyway, according to the PCmag hands on, "Sprint didn't announce a price for the Epic, but the company said it would be available later this summer."

the event is today, the 29th, at 6pm.

smartpatrol

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Still no official date. From Engadget's preview today: "Sprint's still not giving out information on pricing or availability, though we're told the price will be aggressive and the handset will be available before the end of Summer."

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I believe T-Mobile's version is coming out July 21st. You'd think (hope?) that Sprint wouldn't want to release it much later than that.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I believe T-Mobile's version is coming out July 21st. You'd think (hope?) that Sprint wouldn't want to release it much later than that.

I read "months" from today's event, which means NOT July for Sprint. I couldn't imagine Samsung being able to mass produce for so many carriers all at once. My bet is for a September release.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I read "months" from today's event, which means NOT July for Sprint. I couldn't imagine Samsung being able to mass produce for so many carriers all at once. My bet is for a September release.

Crap. I have this upgrade looking me in the face and I'm dying to use it!! LOL

MaZe

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
At first I was hearing late Summer. Now I'm hearing holiday season. I wish someone in the know would come forward and shed some light on the situation. I understand Sprint not wanting to come out with the release info right now but on the flipside, a couple of other carriers have announced their Galaxy S release dates and although Sprint's Galaxy S is a bit different, if you are just looking for a Galaxy S, you might jump to any other carrier that will release one soon.

Either way, like I said, I'm hoping someone in the know drops some info soon.

MS

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. I'm looking to jump to Sprint soon when my VZW contract ends in a few weeks. The EVO problems have me hesitant to pull that trigger...the more I read about the Droid X the more I may stay.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Epic is on Sprint's website the day of the formal announcement. Using the EVO as a rule of measure- HTC announced the phone in late April I believe, preorder was about 2 weeks later, 3-4weeks out from that was the launch of the phone.

Based on that very NON official or scientific reasoning :) I'd guess the Epic will be out in 6-8 weeks time. Probably not July- but doubtful if you won't have the phone before labor day. (Sept 1)

I'm returning our 2 EVOs today to wait and see how this phone turns out. Too many random force quits/system reboots on the EVo- and my wife's phone doesn't even have any questionable apps (Just google's own applications ie: goggles, navigation etc). 3 random reboots last night sealed the deal for both of us- we're going through the hassle of a return and wait.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
re: [OLD / Off Topic] Release Date?

If you're getting the Epic because of problems with the Evo you're going to be sorry. There's not a phone out there that I can't find a zillion threads with complaints about one thing or another. I can guarantee there wilk be just as many complaints about the Epic.

We're waiting for the Epic for my partner who prefers keyboards. For me the Evo wins.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If you're getting the Epic because of problems with the Evo you're going to be sorry. There's not a phone out there that I can't find a zillion threads with complaints about one thing or another. I can guarantee there wilk be just as many complaints about the Epic.

We're waiting for the Epic for my partner who prefers keyboards. For me the Evo wins.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

I personally don't care too much about the keyboard, but I'm definitely liking the Hummingbird/GPU combo in this better than the Snapdragon/Adeno combo of the Evo. Nothing wrong with the Evo personally, I loved it when I played with it in the store. I felt like it was a solidly built phone and the screen looked just fine to me. I have a Hero, and will miss the Sense UI, rooting and development community HTC has, but I honestly feel like I won't need root immediately after getting the phone. I'll put up with ads in apps, I won't really need cachemate due to more space and I'll put up with Sprint bloatware in the meantime. I hope Launcher Pro stays free, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson