Aug 11th "Official" Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Simply put... The majority of what VZW sells is due to marketing. My sister was waiting for the Incredible but went with the DX simply due to the backorder, she doesn't understand the differences nor does she care. It's a nice device and she is happy but she also doesn't know better :)

And hence, we do know better but are simply in the minority to make a difference in sales. So it isn't bad marketing but rather a lack of marketing by Sprint (and other carriers). Since "Droid" was a VZW thing... It applies to all Android devices, whether it is HTC or MOTO. People come in and want Droid... That references 4 different devices. Brilliant.

I've seen Galaxy S commercials for Samsung, but they just want mind share so it hasn't been device specific. I could see them splitting costs with carriers for a specific device but they sell them to the carriers so they are already sold; we aren't the customer to Samsung, HTC, or MOTO (Apple is a different beast, can't use them to compare). If you notice HTC commercials are very generic and non-device specific.

Samsung really missed an oppurtunity by not creating a "DROIDDDDD" version of the GS for Verizon. Make it angular, mean, black, call it something evil sounding. They could have ridden on the coattails of all the android push that Verizon has been making over hte past year. Who the hell wants to buy something called the Fascinate?

frontrunner11

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Ouch 10 days.. Torture :p but I really hope to be saying that too. I've been waking up every morning and the first thing I do is check to see if it was released yet! I'll be ecstatic when it is released! If no news we can set up a Recon team to go interrogate Dan Hesse for the release date and make him give us free Epics?

That's always a great option

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait until the reports start coming in about "So my friend's cousin works for KFC but is dating this guy who works in Sprint's HQ and *he* said it's coming out..."

Those are the best.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait until the reports start coming in about "So my friend's cousin works for KFC but is dating this guy who works in Sprint's HQ and *he* said it's coming out..."

Those are the best.

lol. We have seen a couple (similar posts) between the few sites I frequent in regards to Epic info. I have a friend who works for Sprint and I text him usually twice a week to see if he's heard anything. It's always the same answer "nope". :(

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I got bored waiting for something so I enjoyed doing a very light death grip on my 3g s. 4 bars, 3 bars, 2 bars, 1 bar on EDGE. Release and 1 bar, 2 bars, 3 bars, 4 bars, 5 bars. Is Apple really that ignorant to put the antenna on the sides? I mean seriously. At least other companies are smart enough to put an antenna near the bottom or at the top.:confused:

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

zdph468

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Any chance it might be an online exclusive for a couple weeks? Didn't sprint do something like that with the touch pro 2? It's a long shot but it could explain the conflicting reports of early and mid august.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. They say it'll be released the 20th and everyone who signed up for an email will get it 10 days prior to launch. Don't know how accurate this is, but we've got another vote for the 20th.

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think they accidentally posted the real date and are too late to cover it up so the January 1, 3000 date is obviously an attempt to make it seem like "ha look how silly this date is! That's why you shouldn't believe the dates posted on this site right? Guys?...anyone? Guys?..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Llop719