Aug 11th "Official" Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I think they accidentally posted the real date and are too late to cover it up so the January 1, 3000 date is obviously an attempt to make it seem like "ha look how silly this date is! That's why you shouldn't believe the dates posted on this site right? Guys?...anyone? Guys?..."

Next thing you know, they'll say that the Epic was just a prototype phone and will not be coming out till next year :p (knock on wood)

waltherchic#AC

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about posting "old" information. I saw it come up and figured I'd share. I tried searching this thread, but with all the arguments about which is better Verizon v. Sprint or which phone specs are better than the Epic it's hard to find which posts are about the release date ;)

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, I too, talked to a Sprint rep... and Employee Accounts Rep at that, and she said August...

A friend of mine, who is on T-mobile, desperately wants the EPIC. He has a Vibrant and loves it. He took his Vibrant, into a Sprint Store, to ask about the EPIC. The Manager of the store told him that if he sold him the Vibrant for cheap, that he would get a nice discount on his sprint bill and that the Epic was due out, sometime within the last 2 weeks of August, which basically lines up with the August 20th, prediction of many on here.

I sent my EVO back, and AM starving for a GOOD phone. The pre,(as noted earlier in this thread and another thread) is soooo much crap, compared to even my Sprint TP2 with Android running on it... The only CONS I can take from the Pre is that it has a nice teeny tiny small screen, and that it has a nice above average (basically the best one I have seen so far) E-mail client that does multiple MS Exchange Accounts, contacts, and calendars, etc. in a nice integrated way.

I was desperate enough to start looking around for a HD2 to slap android on... that is how desperate I was.... seriously...

Right now, my mind is made up... I am headed to the Corp Store down the street from my office, and will buy an Intercept, for myself, and will switch it over to my wife's account and get an EPIC...when it comes out.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I would pass on the intercept all together... Its using outdated technology. Its a step back from the Moment. I would play with it in the store before leaving with it. The internet is only EVDO Rev.0, which is the slower 3G.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
when I go to sprint.com I can see it as one of the main flash displays, although its low on the list and not the first thing you see (which I think is dumb) but still there.

downsouth11

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats in line w/ the likes of the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2. I think it should be expected that the keyboard will bring a premium.

Makes sense by giving LED, keyboard and front facing camera. But They took away a lot of memory. 1GB doesn't give you a whole lot to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson