Authentication Error - "Problem with account setup. Username or password is incorrect."

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Outlook email on my Android phone for almost a couple years now, but I changed my password last night and now, even with the new correct password, my phone refuses to authenticate my account for some reason. When I enter in the new password, it tells me that it's incorrect, when I know for a fact it is not. Every other setting remains unchanged.

The only troubleshooting step I've taken is to reboot my phone, but that didn't work. I've no idea what else to do, though I'm sure there's something less extreme than deleting the account off my phone completely and losing everything associated with it.

What should I do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Authentication Error - "Problem with account setup. Username or password is incorrect."

Delete the account, then enter a new account with the original name and password.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Authentication Error - "Problem with account setup. Username or password is incorrect."

I've had my Outlook email on my Android phone for almost a couple years now, but I changed my password last night and now, even with the new correct password, my phone refuses to authenticate my account for some reason. When I enter in the new password, it tells me that it's incorrect, when I know for a fact it is not. Every other setting remains unchanged.

The only troubleshooting step I've taken is to reboot my phone, but that didn't work. I've no idea what else to do, though I'm sure there's something less extreme than deleting the account off my phone completely and losing everything associated with it.

What should I do?

Did you get this fixed?

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Did you get this fixed?
I ended up just downloading the Outlook app and using that instead. They've improved the app's performance considerably since the last time I tried it, so I'm fine with the situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans