Autocorrect change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the issue as well. And the article that bobxxz referenced...the default settings have these things turned off, but even with them on they aren't working as they should. I'm also getting very frustrated. Would have gone with Google keyboard but I noticed it simply doesn't load on a lot of websites and in other programs (the line above the keyboard with the word choices). I was using Swiftkey but maybe I'm missing something...is there a place to do shortcuts? For example if I want my email address inserted I have a shortcut set up that I just type my initials and it replaces them with my email address. Can't find the setting in Swiftkey if it's there.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
i guess i could switch to verizon messages... i dont really care for it... not sure if the auto correct issues using vzw messages would still exist.
i enjoy the stock messages app. sucks that auto correct isnt working properly.

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
i guess i could switch to verizon messages... i dont really care for it... not sure if the auto correct issues using vzw messages would still exist.
i enjoy the stock messages app. sucks that auto correct isnt working properly.

I use Chomp SMS for my messaging app. I noticed the stock app is extremely buggy and crashed on me many times (so sad for a $900 2016 flagship phone). Chomp SMS works great. However the auto correct has nothing to do with the app your using and only pertains to the keyboard your using, which is the Samsung Keyboard. If you used Verizon Messages it wouldn't change a thing (Unless they somehow use their own keyboard instead of the built in phone functionality).

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the issue as well. And the article that bobxxz referenced...the default settings have these things turned off, but even with them on they aren't working as they should. I'm also getting very frustrated. Would have gone with Google keyboard but I noticed it simply doesn't load on a lot of websites and in other programs (the line above the keyboard with the word choices). I was using Swiftkey but maybe I'm missing something...is there a place to do shortcuts? For example if I want my email address inserted I have a shortcut set up that I just type my initials and it replaces them with my email address. Can't find the setting in Swiftkey if it's there.

Interestingly there is still autocorrect even with the option default turned off. When you turn on the autocorrect option it changes the functionality of it just a little bit but it doesn't do a better job. It's more with it turned of 1 set of words get corrected while when it it gets turned on, a different set of words get corrected. Weird.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I use Chomp SMS for my messaging app. I noticed the stock app is extremely buggy and crashed on me many times (so sad for a $900 2016 flagship phone). Chomp SMS works great. However the auto correct has nothing to do with the app your using and only pertains to the keyboard your using, which is the Samsung Keyboard. If you used Verizon Messages it wouldn't change a thing (Unless they somehow use their own keyboard instead of the built in phone functionality).

Dang thanks for clearing that up...

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
i downloaded swiftkey.. i couldnt take it anymore... i was getting annoyed with my husband constantly saying :what are you trying to say: LOL because my texts made no sense.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I thought I was the only one, but I'm somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one. Trying out SwiftKey now.

Hey swiftkey corrects my crappy texting! so im ok with it! LOL.
Are all Note 7's with all carriers having the issue with auto correct? Im on Verizon... which verizon blocks crap on their phones which i hate as well.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey swiftkey corrects my crappy texting! so im ok with it! LOL.
Are all Note 7's with all carriers having the issue with auto correct? Im on Verizon... which verizon blocks crap on their phones which i hate as well.

Samsung keyboard has always had issues. Even in previous note phones. I think it does learn but seems easier to just use swiftkey. That's what I love about android, you have options.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Samsung keyboard on my note 5 was great the note 7 is a joke. It works when it wants to. Switched back to SwiftKey after over 2 years of using oem keyboards. I have to say it's one of the best 3rd party keyboards out there.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that the keynoadd os try okkng to learn yoir habits? I just tried typing that without backspacing.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded SwiftKey and its much better. No lag as of yet.

Thanks Michelle. My preference is to use stock apps though. When someone posts that they have an issue with a stock app I don't think the answer should necessarily be to download a different app. This happens a lot on the launcher and messaging app theeads as well. I just want to refine how the phone works out of the box rather than use other apps :)

mike3000

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I also like to use the stock keyboard. If it was fine on my note 5 and S7 Edge, no reason why the same keyboard couldn't be applied the N7. I just don't get it.

grnidb

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issues here, I have found that my typos are randomly added to my custom dictionary. I try and keep an eye on the word line and when I see an incorrect word like habe in there I delete it by taping the word and then holding it, you should get a confirmation button after a second.

fbcltd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same quot correct issues and then switched to swift key neural and it is awesome. the text to speech is even better than stock. i really like the fact the $ sign and & and "" quotes are all just a milli-tap feature which stops having to go back and forth on to the number pad.

never mind the arrows..... what a great feature for inserting and editing text.

mediaseth

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for starting this thread. I thought i was suddenly the world's worst at texting, but no, it was just the phone. The Galaxy S6 corrected my fat fingers much better than the Note7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha