Back Cover: "Pitting"

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So I took off my phone case to change the battery and clean my phone and noticed the back cover is showing signs of "Pitting" in several areas. They are very small, but nonetheless it is pitting😯 I would take a photo, but doubt you will be able to see.
Anyone else notice signs of this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do they look like little dents? Do you usually put your phone in a pocket with other things, like change or keys?

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Pitting would happen

1) your case has grains of sand or something very small embedded in it. Constantly rubbing our G3 back side with every movements with in your pocket etc...

2) the G3 vice versa.

3) your pants, shorts, work uniform etc... Is dirty having the grains constantly rubbing.

In my A&P school. I work with many metals of all variations. Cutting, welding riveting and I use my G3 as my MP3 player. Metals shaving gets every but I clean my phone and case every other day so my phone has nothing of the issue.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Upon further thought, I think Hulk might have hit the nail on the head. I spend a lot of time at the beach, and even though I did not see any sand when I took the case off, I suspect this might be the cause of my pitting issue (sand).

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Sort of in line with this topic. Has anyone found a protector that simply applies on like a screen protector for the back? I had one for my glass backed nexus 4. I don't like skins or cases but wouldn't mind some scratch protection.

Posted via the Android Central App