Back, home and recent apps buttons won't go away while playing

SoulHuntah

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Hey all,

So I've run into a rather annoying issue that I can't seem to resolve on my own and the internet has seemingly nothing on this problem.

Anyway I was playing Deus Ex the fall and I tabbed out to check facebook and when I went back to the game I noticed the back home and recent apps buttons were there suddenly and WOULD NOT go away no matter what I did. They were NOT there before but now they're there taking up precious screen space and also it's very easy to accidentally hit them and interrupt my playing.

I ran into this issue once before with a game and NOTHING helped. Tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the game but nope nothing the buttons won't go. And I SWEAR they were not there before but when I tab out something happens and the buttons just get stuck there its like the OS just forgets about them. I also did a factory reset recently and just out of curiosity I checked on the game I had this issue with first and yep the buttons are STILL THERE even after a factory reset. How is this even possible? And once again I'm not crazy they were not there before and I could enjoy my game proper fullscreen. Also this happens only to games that I tab out from. Others seem to be fine. I've PAID for these games and this issue is completely ruining my gaming experience. I've tried all sorts of apps and dug through settings and I've found nothing that helps. Also I haven't yet found anyone else with the same issue which is strange.

What do you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions? I'm pretty much desperate at this point. I've also attached a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. It'll either be the three buttons just sitting there or the black area where they're supposed to be as you can see from the screenshots. And once again this wasn't there before and my game was properly fullscreen.

Thanks in advance and peace

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-21-12-36-52.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-21-12-36-52.png
    336.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2018-04-21-14-02-07.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-21-14-02-07.png
    354.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

SoulHuntah

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Well I managed to find a workaround for this issue using an app called GMD immersive mode which pretty much lets you make any app/game fullscreen. Still the apps were already working fullscreen before and for the OS to suddenly decide it won't let me use them fullscreen anymore is absolutely unacceptable.